Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - I just joined the forum. I bought a 2014 Ford Focus Titanium in March. I'm hoping to get some insight into a problem I'm experiencing.

When I accelerate I hear a rattling noise which sounds like it is coming from underneath the car. I kind of sounds like if you would bang two cookie sheets together as best as I can describe it. The noise is most noticeable going from 2nd to 3rd gear.

Any idea what this could be? Thank you.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Hello - I just joined the forum. I bought a 2014 Ford Focus Titanium in March. I'm hoping to get some insight into a problem I'm experiencing.

When I accelerate I hear a rattling noise which sounds like it is coming from underneath the car. I kind of sounds like if you would bang two cookie sheets together as best as I can describe it. The noise is most noticeable going from 2nd to 3rd gear.

Any idea what this could be? Thank you.
Welcome to the forum!

I want to check some options. Please send me a private message with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to the MkIII section for more looks from current owners.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do I find my posts? It says my post was moved and now I can't find it. sorry I'm new. I was hoping I could shortcut to my posts somehow when I logged in.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Not terribly common on a brand new car, but it's not unusual for these to come loose upon some sort of impact (bottoming out on a big pothole or speed bump, for example). It's an easy fix, and while the rattle is annoying, it's not dangerous.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Not terribly common on a brand new car, but it's not unusual for these to come loose upon some sort of impact (bottoming out on a big pothole or speed bump, for example). It's an easy fix, and while the rattle is annoying, it's not dangerous.
Thanks to a piece of truck tire recap firing into the underside of my car like I was torpedoed, I think mine is loose as well. Not happy[V]

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thanks to a piece of truck tire recap firing into the underside of my car like I was torpedoed, I think mine is loose as well. Not happy[V]
I think I'm in the same boat. After all the East Coast snowstorms and potholed roads last winter & spring, I've got some sort of sympathetic vibration at certain RPMs. I'm out of warranty (and doubt it would have been covered anyway), so I've been dragging my feet on a stop at a muffler shop to see if I can get a quick & affordable fix.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all of the comments. Its weird in the sense I only get the vibrations when in 2nd or 3rd gear, mostly 3rd. Evidently something must be triggering a rattle on the heat shield when shifting in those gears.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I think I'm in the same boat. After all the East Coast snowstorms and potholed roads last winter & spring, I've got some sort of sympathetic vibration at certain RPMs. I'm out of warranty (and doubt it would have been covered anyway), so I've been dragging my feet on a stop at a muffler shop to see if I can get a quick & affordable fix.
I've fixed them myself in the past. I just use a big penny washer and rivet/screw it back up. They usually fail at the fastening point. Very cheap and permanent fix

·
Registered
307 Posts
Thanks for all of the comments. Its weird in the sense I only get the vibrations when in 2nd or 3rd gear, mostly 3rd. Evidently something must be triggering a rattle on the heat shield when shifting in those gears.
Strange but true (quite possible) maybe at a certain speed range the vibrations are just right (really !) just about anyone with a welder could take care of this but its under warranty so let a dealership deal with it - signed no problem here thank goodness

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
My car is doing the same. I've noticed that it does it only when I am going 15-30mph and only giving it light throttle.
Hi there,

What's your current mileage?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts