Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new here so I hope I'm posting in the right place. I have a 2014 Focus and my heat has suddenly stopped working. It was fine on Wednesday evening - blowing as hot as always and then Thursday morning it would only blow cold air. This morning I let the car run for a bit and it still only blew cold air. The car has right at 7500 miles on it and I purchased it last November. Any thoughts on this would be great. Doesn't make any sense to me :(

·
Registered
739 Posts
Your car has 7,500 miles on it. Why aren't you talking to your dealership right now? lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol... I have left a message with them... I'm just not patient.. I want to figure it out. lol

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
You don't want to dive in for more than a simple "check fuses" type repair when warranty is involved.

Good chance your dash controls are involved (either directly or in the wiring, seen both problems).

DO check the basics like coolant level, as loss of coolant IS a possibility to cause such an issue & checking that is basic maint..

I'll move this to a MkIII area, you can look for prev. similar problems in a couple of those sections.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Hi, I'm new here so I hope I'm posting in the right place. I have a 2014 Focus and my heat has suddenly stopped working. It was fine on Wednesday evening - blowing as hot as always and then Thursday morning it would only blow cold air. This morning I let the car run for a bit and it still only blew cold air. The car has right at 7500 miles on it and I purchased it last November. Any thoughts on this would be great. Doesn't make any sense to me :(
Hi SDteach,

Were you able to get in to your dealer for a check on this since your last post? Please let me know so I can see how I can best assist.

Meagan

·
Registered
382 Posts
When it's super cold out and I have my heat on set to 79 or hotter, my engine temp will not heat up and I can't get hot air out of the vents. If I drop the heat setting to 78 or cooler my engine will warm up fine. Was told this is normal for extreme cold outside temps.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
When it's super cold out and I have my heat on set to 79 or hotter, my engine temp will not heat up and I can't get hot air out of the vents. If I drop the heat setting to 78 or cooler my engine will warm up fine. Was told this is normal for extreme cold outside temps.
Have you been to your dealer recently about this? Please let me know, along with your current mileage, so I can see how to best assist.

Meagan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts