Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I drove my car to work with no problems. I got ready to leave and started it up,it was idling very rough and sputtering. No power at all ahrdly. Then it stalled, it started back up again but still a pough idle and barely made it 2 miles until it finally died again. I have unhooked the ground cable for 1/2 hr or so, no help.
If anyone can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated. I almost went ahead and ordered a throttle body but I'm not sure that's what it is.
TIA

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The very rough idle and sputtering. Am I not thinking in the right direction. It was running great that morning on the way in and when I left work it was $hit

·
Registered
146 Posts
Lots of things can cause a rough idle.

I’d check for vacuum leaks by performing a smoke test on your air intake system....maybe even the EVAP system??

If you don’t find any vacuum leaks, I’d then look into fueling related problems.

Looking forward to reading other’s thoughts on how to troubleshoot your issue.

·
Registered
16,022 Posts
If you are not thoroughly vetting what is already given you well of course you haven't found it.

To begin with, the cars for 30 years now have been equipped with at least $2000 worth of computer to tell you what is wrong with them, why on earth would one not take advantage of that????

In short...................PULL CODES.

If they run ethanol in your local fuel it could even be that, a big wad of water suddenly hitting the motor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do have a scanner and I have pulled the code, at this time I have forgotten but I'll run it again tomorrow and report back. Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do have a scanner and I have pulled the code, at this time I have forgotten but I'll run it again tomorrow and report back. Thanks
I
could be fuel.. when did this start after you got gas? could also be cps
really cannot remember getting gas that day, I still haven’t got a chance to hook up my scanner because of work but I definitely will get to it. Thanks again u guys

1 - 10 of 10 Posts