Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys. I have a problem with my 5 spd, when I’m releasing the clutch in first the whole car starts jerking pretty bad. Not the same feeling as when it’s about to stall...almost like I’m going over a bunch of really bad pot holes. Please help!!

·
Registered
2006 ZX3 2.0, 2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,189 Posts
That is usually the main culprit. I wouldn't just throw a part at it. Put a jack under the passenger side of the engine and gently lift it up while looking at the mount and see if it is separating If your mileage is high I would look at the anti roll mount underneath as well. It connects the transaxle to the front sub frame. Usually when.it goes bad there will be cracks in the rubber.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The jerking is mainly from the bottom motor mount. Many people have replaced it with the electric focus motor mount, e-mm.

The electric mount is stiffer and built to hold up to higher torque, so it will keep the engine from rocking back and forth. The e-mm was the first thing I did when I got my 2013 5 speed. The only con, which may be a deal breaker, is the added vibrations that go to the cabin. But I later replaced the passenger side mount and those vibrations seemed to mostly go away anyways.

I believe the part number for the electric mount is cm5z-6068-a

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys, replaced both mounts, its better but I still feel what I mentioned before...it’s not as bad but I have no idea what else it could be other then something to do with the clutch.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There’s one more mount I can change...I really hope it fixes it, I also hope that the motor mount didn’t break again. Why do the make these things so cheap?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey all,

I’ve now changed all mounts and it’s still doing the same thing! This is really frustrating! One thing I’ve nothing is every time I change a mount The problem goes away but not for long. I have no idea what else to do I’m thinking this might be a clutch or transmission issue, I just don’t understand why it’s intermittent. Sometimes it drives beautifully and I think the problems fixed and then it goes back to what it was. If anyone has the same issue please let me know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts