Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2014 FF SE with about 7500 miles on it and purchased new in March 2014. On Monday took a 175 mile ride thru the back country to Globe AZ. Had to pull over as the electrical smell was very strong. The smell has been on/off since we purchased it. BUT the smell the other day was strong.[eek]
Have been searching this site for this problem and don't seem to find any other posts. So this morning took the FF to a Ford dealer and they are checking the clutch and other items.
No smell when driven on city streets at low mph. But when on highway going 60,70 or faster get the smell.
Any ideas please post.
Will post follow-up when I get results back from dealer[?]

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
I'll move this to the MkIII section where it'll get more looks from current model owners.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Have a 2014 FF SE with about 7500 miles on it and purchased new in March 2014. On Monday took a 175 mile ride thru the back country to Globe AZ. Had to pull over as the electrical smell was very strong. The smell has been on/off since we purchased it. BUT the smell the other day was strong.[eek]
Have been searching this site for this problem and don't seem to find any other posts. So this morning took the FF to a Ford dealer and they are checking the clutch and other items.
No smell when driven on city streets at low mph. But when on highway going 60,70 or faster get the smell.
Any ideas please post.
Will post follow-up when I get results back from dealer[?]
Welcome to the forum!

I'll be sure to keep an eye out for your follow-up so I can see how to best assist.

Meagan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts