Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had my focus now for about a year, and at about 65,000km it started randomly locking the doors twice and blowing the horn twice amy time it is locked while it is doing this the car wont unlock from the button in the car under the screen, the rear passenger window wont open.
Everytime I bring it up to my dealership(their a whole new problem and the only reason I don't like my focus) they tell me they have no idea have never heard of any fords doing this before, they tell me to bring it in while its doing it, but wont look at the car without an appointment and the closest appointment is always weeks away, they don't seem to care... I need help to figure out what's wrong with my car and the best way to deal with this horrible dealership.

Side note I wouldn't have bought this car, but I was lied to by the sales rep on a few points mainly that I could add nav to the touch screen with an SD card and a 55$ update...any suggestions to deal with this as well would be great called ford head office had my situation escalated and got no where... So dissatisfied with the service ford has provided please help

·
Registered
202 Posts
Double honk means a door is open. Since the right rear window is also not working, I would start by looking for broken wires in the right rear door.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I can only speculate, but of there is an intermittent connection in that door, when it actually sees that the door is closed, it will re-lock all doors, not just the one that was left open.

·
Registered
233 Posts
So I've had my focus now for about a year, and at about 65,000km it started randomly locking the doors twice and blowing the horn twice amy time it is locked while it is doing this the car wont unlock from the button in the car under the screen, the rear passenger window wont open.
Everytime I bring it up to my dealership(their a whole new problem and the only reason I don't like my focus) they tell me they have no idea have never heard of any fords doing this before, they tell me to bring it in while its doing it, but wont look at the car without an appointment and the closest appointment is always weeks away, they don't seem to care... I need help to figure out what's wrong with my car and the best way to deal with this horrible dealership.

Side note I wouldn't have bought this car, but I was lied to by the sales rep on a few points mainly that I could add nav to the touch screen with an SD card and a 55$ update...any suggestions to deal with this as well would be great called ford head office had my situation escalated and got no where... So dissatisfied with the service ford has provided please help
I can dig a little deeper into this issue, unhappycustomer. What I'll need from you in order to do so is your full name, VIN, and best daytime contact number. I'd also like to know of your experience with (and the name of) your current dealership, as there are options to document feedback for that as well. Please send this information to me privately; I'll be happy to help.

Brittany

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Did this issue get resolved?
I have the exact same problem.
Warranty period is over.
Welcome to the forum!

I want to see how I can best assist, sp6162. Can you let me know some more details about our concern, along with your year and mileage?

Thanks.

Meagan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dealer said " loss of communication with LR door module" Latch assembly and module were both replaced. B pillar connection is good. Fuse is good. 12volts and ground to module. LR window and lock still don't work. What next? BCM?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts