Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put 90k miles on my Focus and my center light LED brake went out. I bought a Dorman replacement from Rockauto and the bulbs work however the assembly doesn't fit at all. it doesnt sit flush or even snap into place properly. after comparing the OEM part to the Dorman, the Dorman brake light has much thicker inner lining and thats why the part won't fit.
Has anyone else had any problems replacing this brake light? It was about $35 part number BM5Z13A613A. Dorman part number 923070.

For now I requested a replacement but I am worried I will get another part that won't fit and even though I described the problem in the return to Rockauto, they dont actually have any live person to talk to.

I have no idea what other brand of brake light I can get other than this.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
turns out the 2013 brake light part I ordered from Rockauto for my sedan which is a 2013 doesnt fit at all. it must be for newer focuses. I am trying to get a refund but Rockauto hads no customer service

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I managed to swap a core from the junkyard (housing is bent) into my stock housing! I broke 3/4 plastic clips on my stock housing because i should have used plastic trim tools, which I did on the junkyard housing and didn't break any tabs.
The 1 clip and metal brackets hold everything together just fine and I even managed to transfer my Lamin-X tint a second time even after being on the car for almost 10 years! Lamin-X is amazing!
Like New! and I didnt touch the Rockauto light so I can still sell it I hope 🙂

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts