Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post...I've had my MK3 since November. Living where I do, and the hours at which I'm at work find me driving very rural roads, at very dark hours of the morning and night....

I have a solution as far as lighting upgrades go.

But, before I fully commit to the project, can anyone tell me what is directly behind the black, plastic center section where the front plate is mounted, and on each side of the front plate? As far as I can tell it appears to be the plastic crash beam cover..

I was also planning on some hand fabbed housings to replace the triangular shaped blanks on the front end.

Essentially, as long as there is about 2.8in behind all of it, there will be plenty of room to mount lights flush.

If anyone can help me figure this out, it'd be awesome!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
There is a plastic support piece behind the triangles but it can be easily trimmed to allow room.

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
I love the dramatic effect in the video when the dude turns the headlights on in the end.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put these in and am uber-satisfied. Found a GREAT deal on eBay just keeping an eye out. Might save you some trouble, unless the DIY aspect is something you're keen on. Very simple install. Took me 30 minutes being careful in removing the OE triangles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuISnD1gCic
I don't care about DRL.....I'm looking to fit Squadron LED lights from Baja Designs...

Appreciate the response though.

·
Registered
952 Posts
There is a post somewhere on here of the Rebel Devil car with it's bumper right off and you can see anything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts