Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just changed my oil over the weekend. 16k miles, and I've got oil leaking somewhere. Appears to be the crank pulley (maybe a little from the valve cover too). I've seen some posts about other leaks, but nothing like this. Not happy. Going to try to get it in next week to get it looked at.

Anyone else seen anything like this in a year old focus?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to MkIII tsb, recall & problems section.

Valve cover seepage has been seen quite a few times, and you'll find others in this area.

Crank pulley end I've only seen mentioned a couple times. It'll take a good look to see if it's all from the top or if you have a problem lower down as well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'll update when I find out something. I'll try to poke around a little more before I bring it in.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I just changed my oil over the weekend. 16k miles, and I've got oil leaking somewhere. Appears to be the crank pulley (maybe a little from the valve cover too). I've seen some posts about other leaks, but nothing like this. Not happy. Going to try to get it in next week to get it looked at.

Anyone else seen anything like this in a year old focus?
Let me know when you get the appointment set up. I want to dig a little deeper on this.

Meagan

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Thanks! It'll be next week before i can call and bring it in.
Sounds good! Go ahead and send me a private message with your VIN, updated mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got a call from the dealer. They have to remove the front cover and the oil pan to fix the leak. Ouch!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Picked up my car today. Front cover, oil pan, and valve cover gaskets replaced/re-sealed, and front crank seal. Fingers crossed that I have no more trouble. I read the warranty in detail, and it shows engine seals as being covered under the powertrain warranty, so at least I've got 5/60k on that.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Tx for the update

Good to see ya fixed up now.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Picked up my car today. Front cover, oil pan, and valve cover gaskets replaced/re-sealed, and front crank seal. Fingers crossed that I have no more trouble. I read the warranty in detail, and it shows engine seals as being covered under the powertrain warranty, so at least I've got 5/60k on that.
Glad to hear everything's running smoothly! If you ever need me, I'll be here. :)

Meagan

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have oil leaking from the top of my engine with only 9,400 miles on it. Probably just a gasket but I'm going in for an oil change on Monday. Hopefully nothing too major.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Valve cover gasket is fairly common, there are some other threads on that here & in the MkIII section.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I have oil leaking from the top of my engine with only 9,400 miles on it. Probably just a gasket but I'm going in for an oil change on Monday. Hopefully nothing too major.
Let me know how the visit today goes! :)

Meagan

1 - 15 of 15 Posts