Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Coopers were at the end of life at 48000 miles. If it was summer, I would have given them another 5000 miles - but it isn't. The coopers were pretty good. I did develop a rotational noise in one tire that was annoying. There was nothing obvious from the outside of the tire.

I read all the Tire rack reviews and ordered the Pirelli Cinturato P7. Long lasting high mileage, low rolling resistance tire.

Not cheap.

I only have about 500 miles on them so far. First impressions:
1. New tires are always so nice. These are no exception.
2. Quiet. less noise than the coopers - even when they were new.
3. significant road feedback. Like a sports car tire. not a soft ride.
4. seems to be a sporty tire for such a high mileage tire.
5. overpriced. $137 a pop + $13 delivery (what's the deal with tire costs these days???) total after install $660.

Had them installed and balanced at walmart for just under $60.

Hope they last as long as they claim.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: with 3000 miles on these tires, the low rolling resistance claim doesn't seem to be true. The gas mileage is not quite as good as the coopers (unless there's a few % difference in circumference with the new tread?)

Previously: 34-35 mpg average
Now: 33-34 mpg average

Obviously not a huge change, but if you're buying them thinking your MPG will go up, you're going to be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
There's really not a standard that qualifies a tire as "low rolling resistance", unfortunately. With that said, they are likely a different diameter - even if the same size. As the tire wears, it will get smaller.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Yup

Stock tires are usually selected for low rolling resistance, so picking that type stays in the same category.

I've seen Miller88's comment from Tire Rack as well recently for new vs. used MPG.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Update: with 3000 miles on these tires, the low rolling resistance claim doesn't seem to be true. The gas mileage is not quite as good as the coopers (unless there's a few % difference in circumference with the new tread?)

Previously: 34-35 mpg average
Now: 33-34 mpg average

Obviously not a huge change, but if you're buying them thinking your MPG will go up, you're going to be disappointed.
FYI: I have Michelin Pilot PS3 low-rolling resistance stock tires on 13' Titanium, sticker says to run at 39 psi, maybe you can try running at higher pressure like 39 psi as the Titanium....IMO! PS I get around 34-37 highway mpg on 18's so psi makes a difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts