Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
On my 2013 the headliner has been getting really dirty and I'm not really sure why. The problem is how do I clean it. Do you have to be easier on it then like per say the carpet what do I need to use. When I say it's dirty there is places that it is black.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Headliners are often the catch board for soda cans that explode! I'm assuming you would remember that. So, it could be the air flow from your windows (while open) if it's along the windows edges. Are you a smoker? That's definitely the area that turns black from smoking while driving.

To clean: spray an all purpose cleaner like Simple Green on a microfiber towel folded in quarters. Depending on your liner fabric you may need to be gentle. It's not as scrub-able as the rest of your car for sure. Don't get it soaking wet, just enough to loosen the dirt. Maybe even agitate with a soft carpet brush to loosen it even more. Then flip your microfiber to a dry side and wipe clean.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
I'd be careful, though. The dealer tried to clean my headliner (it had glue/adhesive stains on it from the factory) and they pretty much destroyed it by trying to clean it. They ended up replacing it under warranty.

HCAutoDetail was right about not getting it soaking wet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts