Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went from 72 yesterday to 40 today and the CEL came on first thing this morning. Went to AZ cause there's not a dealer near enough to me and I knew if the car turned off the codes might go away and the dealer would tell me tough luck. The codes I got back were:

V0109
LOST COMMUNICATION WITH FUEL PUMP CONTROL MODULE

P025A
FUEL PUMP MODULE CONTROL CIRCUIT / OPEN

P0103
MASS OR VOLUME AIR FLOW A CIRCUIT HIGH INPUT

just got home, turned the car off, back on again, no CEL. I'm in IT and I see "turn it off and on again" issues a lot but this has done this 3 times now and the dealer turns me away each time. When it does this the car bucks worse than it usually does and takes 2-3 seconds to shift into 2nd and 3rd, it sounds like it's rev matching every time. Turning it off and on cleared the CEL and made it behave at least how it did yesterday (I won't say better).

Should I waste time going back or since the CEL is gone are they going to call it good? I took pictures of the actron scanner thing because I felt like I needed at least some evidence. They gave me a print out of one of them but said the other two were dealer codes or something, could not print them there.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Honestly, cell phone video of the console if nothing else.

This is really weird to have such significant issues, but there is no history stored. At some point, the NHTSC has to step in on this matter. In the explorer forums, it took over a year to get the power steering problem recalled. So many people went through the frustration of losing all power steering, then having the dealer turn them away telling them there is no history of the failure. People had to resort to cell phone video and posting it on youtube.

Now you see similar issues with transmission control module communication errors only to have everything 'work' when the car is turned off and back on and no history of the error stored. How many youtube videos will it take to get that recall going. Losing power in bumper to bumper rush hour traffic can be very dangerous on the interstates around Chicago.

At a minimum, Ford should be pushing a software update to store all failure codes for some period of time even after they clear themselves up.

·
Registered
627 Posts
No CEL no problem founded.... A waste of time
No.

The code should be in memory if it turned the CEL on. There could even be other "pending" codes too. Just don't disconnect the battery and they should still be there.

·
Registered
73 Posts
No.

The code should be in memory if it turned the CEL on. There could even be other "pending" codes too. Just don't disconnect the battery and they should still be there.
I doubt it's there. Just search for and read the threads on the Transmission losing power (essentially going into neutral). Turn vehicle off/on and dealer can't see that it ever happened.

Search for the Explorer Power Steering Recall. Again, people had to drive to a dealer to prove that the power steering failure was occurring. This one led to a recall because of the potential for accidents.

Something is strange in that Ford Vehicles aren't storing the history for major system failures that magically clear themselves with an engine restart. Best bet is to take a cell phone video and post to youtube. You want to document the issue and get it fixed as early as possible.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Well I have never heard of any of those issues. This must be a new thing as I am very use to codes always being stored in the PCM until the power is pulled from it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts