Focus Fanatics Forum banner

121 - 140 of 902 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
So, after waiting until the end of the day yesterday for the dealership to call me, I called them. They were suppose to call on Monday and didn't. I get the service manager on the phone and he says, "OH, yea, we got your parts in today and we should have your car done by tomorrow." and then he goes on to say, "I just wanted to call you and let you know the status, so that you were up to date with everything." I then said, "I called you!" He just continues to say the car should be done tomorrow. So, we shall see. I just hope that with is complete clutch replacement that the car performs like it should and everybody is Happy, Happy, Happy!!! I will keep you all informed. I really like the car, I just want it to work properly. My suggestion to anyone who is going through the same thing with their car is, keep pushing the dealer to do the right thing. Don't take, "that's normal" for an answer. If the car is still under warranty, make them fix it!!! That is what the warranty is for.
Happy for you. Did you have low RPM grinding(rattling) noise during light acceleration as well? Keep us updated about the outcome.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
So, after waiting until the end of the day yesterday for the dealership to call me, I called them. They were suppose to call on Monday and didn't. I get the service manager on the phone and he says, "OH, yea, we got your parts in today and we should have your car done by tomorrow." and then he goes on to say, "I just wanted to call you and let you know the status, so that you were up to date with everything." I then said, "I called you!" He just continues to say the car should be done tomorrow. So, we shall see. I just hope that with is complete clutch replacement that the car performs like it should and everybody is Happy, Happy, Happy!!! I will keep you all informed...
Hi klb2sweet,

Thanks for the update on your vehicle's status. Let us know how the car performs when you bring it home; if you need my assistance, send a PM my way.

Crystal

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
How many "broken" new cars is Ford unwilling or unable to fix?

I had 2012 SEL, at 20k miles started to shudder at highway speed. Long story short version ... At 34k miles, countless dealer trips it still wasn't right and still shuddered. I no longer own the POS. ... vibrating at highway speed and Ford telling me that is just the way the car is was total BS
After that experience I'm curious why you were not deterred from buying your ST. If anything goes wrong with it that would have to be fixed under warranty (like the front suspension clunking or steering rack problems that non-ST's have had), wouldn't it be likely that you'd get the run-around with them, as well? I'm prepared to take some risk that I'll have some problems if I buy a 2013 SE, even without the DCT or MFT, but not if it looks like Ford would be more likely to screw me over than to do whatever it takes to fix them.

It's not likely that they will ever make public actual numbers for how many cars have experienced various problems and how many had either gotten fixed or not, but without that it's hard to tell how big or small that risk would be. (There was a time when that wouldn't slow me down because I'd just fix whatever needed fixing for myself, but those days are gone for me.)

BTW, whenever I see a white ST like in your avatar I can't help but visualize two big Performance Blue stripes down the middle of it. I guess that would blow it for flying under the radar around law enforcement officers, but there is a tradition going back almost 50 years that someone has to carry on.
http://image.mustangmonthly.com/f/30094696/mump_1009_02_o+1966_ford_mustang_shelby_gt350+shelby_gt350.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am hoping to get some answers or hoping someone is having the same concern. When slowing down for a red light and then accelerating before coming to a complete stop the transmission slams into gear as if someone rear ended me. Also the other day I was out with my daughter shopping and when I came out to my car to leave the car started and I placed it into reverse but the car would not move. The engine would just revv but would not move. I turned the car off and tried again but nothing again. I then turned it off and let it sit for a few minutes and tried again before calling roadside assistance and it finally would move in reverse. I have not had it happen to me again but it worries me. Please help.
This happened to me tonight. slammed in to gear, then slow acceleration but eventually took off, felt like I was rear ended. 2013 Titanium with 13,000 kms.

·
Registered
813 Posts
This happened to me tonight. slammed in to gear, then slow acceleration but eventually took off, felt like I was rear ended. 2013 Titanium with 13,000 kms.
Ford stated that the sensation you are feeling "Trailer Hitching" is "Normal", I have felt it a few times, once the car lunged at a light and, felt like a dropped gear in a manual then high rpms, grind and etc..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ford stated that the sensation you are feeling "Trailer Hitching" is "Normal", I have felt it a few times, once the car lunged at a light and, felt like a dropped gear in a manual then high rpms, grind and etc..
It's my wife's car. I myself am a gear head and have done 90% of the work on my cars for 30 years. That "Trailer Hitching" is NOT NORMAL, I don't care what they say. My HEMI Magnum with a selectable gearbox does not do that even with the DiabloSport Tune in it. My one-ton dually Diesel rarely does anything close to that.

Oh well, we have the 6 year extended waranty so I'll drive it like I drive all my other vehicles and Ford can replace what breaks.

·
Registered
813 Posts
It's my wife's car. I myself am a gear head and have done 90% of the work on my cars for 30 years. That "Trailer Hitching" is NOT NORMAL, I don't care what they say. My HEMI Magnum with a selectable gearbox does not do that even with the DiabloSport Tune in it. My one-ton dually Diesel rarely does anything close to that.

Oh well, we have the 6 year extended waranty so I'll drive it like I drive all my other vehicles and Ford can replace what breaks.
I know what your saying, but the Focus has a DCT and upon similar complaints to my dealer I was handed a 2 page handout that was basically an addendum to the issues people are experiencing/complaining about. Ford does not tell you this up front, they just say "it's normal for a that model of car".

If you never received or saw the handout, it's in my first post here:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=312416

·
Registered
3 Posts
I hear ya but I don't care if the transmission has 7 clutches, that BANG and loss of power is not a design feature... it is a design flaw! It better not do that when I am attempting to pass on one of our country roads or then there will be lawyers involved. LOL!!

·
Registered
113 Posts

This happened to me a couple times, once with my wife in the car and the drive train shock was so extreme she really thought we had been rear ended.

Thus tranny is an epic POS.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I hear ya but I don't care if the transmission has 7 clutches, that BANG and loss of power is not a design feature... it is a design flaw! It better not do that when I am attempting to pass on one of our country roads or then there will be lawyers involved. LOL!!
Anything that Ford doesn't want to pay to fix is considered 'normal'.

Their definition of 'normal' doesn't mean the same thing as it does to most people.

Apparently it means "repairing this would cost money we don't want to spend". Therefore, the problems with your car are "normal".

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
New TSB

Posted on April 11th

5917 - 2012-2013 Focus - DPS6 Transmission Concerns - DTCs P2832 And/Or P2837
See TSB: 13-04-06 for details. 13-04-06

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Do you have the details?
I can't speak for Lewisra, but I don't have the details yet. If you don't have those trouble codes, there's also this one that was released on Monday:

5896 - 2011-2013 Fiesta and 2012-2013 Focus - DPS6 - Intermittent Transmission Clutch Shudder DPS6 Automatic Transmission
See TSB: 13-04-05 for details. 13-04-05

·
Registered
44 Posts
I can't speak for Lewisra, but I don't have the details yet. If you don't have those trouble codes, there's also this one that was released on Monday:

5896 - 2011-2013 Fiesta and 2012-2013 Focus - DPS6 - Intermittent Transmission Clutch Shudder DPS6 Automatic Transmission
See TSB: 13-04-05 for details. 13-04-05
Yes, I see your post earlier. You still don't have the details for this one as well isn't it?

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Yes, I see your post earlier. You still don't have the details for this one as well isn't it?
Nope. I don't have anything TSB text from 2013 yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just bought a 2013 SE 5 days ago. It has about 150 miles now. Everything was fine until today, I experienced some major bucking today that others have mentioned. I called the dealer and spoke to the service manager and he told me that Ford won't let them even look at the car until it has over 500 mi. He told me that the bucking was normal during the break in period. I am going on a little trip in a couple of days, so I will have 500 miles after that. We shall see. All the complaints all over the internet have me a little worried.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Just bought a 2013 SE 5 days ago. It has about 150 miles now. Everything was fine until today, I experienced some major bucking today that others have mentioned. I called the dealer and spoke to the service manager and he told me that Ford won't let them even look at the car until it has over 500 mi. He told me that the bucking was normal during the break in period. I am going on a little trip in a couple of days, so I will have 500 miles after that. We shall see. All the complaints all over the internet have me a little worried.
Some people have no issues and some do...my car had issues after it hit 50 miles or so...yeah long after the car left the dealer so no way to catch it prior...I am at 1200 or so and still have issues..

You will be told its normal and allow a break in period of X miles...I say X because Ford keeps changing this value...

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

121 - 140 of 902 Posts