·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that makes sense. i'm wondering if it would be a worthwhile mod. For all the bushings on the whole car it's $550. that seems like a lot! i was thinking about doing the rear engine mount small bushing kit to go with my Fswerks insert but it's twice the price that the insert was. i dont know how much of a diff it would make anyway. might try it though. it got decent reviews from some of the ST guys.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I dont think it will make much of a difference on the DCT to do the smaller bushing on the RMM. The ST guys like it because it helps reduce the engine banging around between shifts, which you won't feel in a DCT.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good point. It might be more noticable for the guys with the manual then.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
StingRay, good morning. Are you saying that the engine is NOT "banging around" with the DCT ? Or, that comparatively speaking the movement is minimal with the DCT ?

I have the E-Focus RMM in hand, not yet installed. IF the bushings are worthwhile, certainly now would be the time for me to order.

Appreciate thoughts on this. Also thanks to Jburks for raising the issue.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I'm just saying in comparison to how bad the manual trans "bang" is, the dct is much softer in that regard. There is still engine movement for sure, its just not as noticeable.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Thanks StingRay. I hope you don't think I was challenging you. Just looking for info. My RMM is goin' in on 02/14, so I'm gonna go ahead and order the bushings.

Thanks again for the info.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
StingRay, good morning. Are you saying that the engine is NOT "banging around" with the DCT ? Or, that comparatively speaking the movement is minimal with the DCT ?

I have the E-Focus RMM in hand, not yet installed. IF the bushings are worthwhile, certainly now would be the time for me to order.

Appreciate thoughts on this. Also thanks to Jburks for raising the issue.
I'm thinking i'm probably just going to order them anyway. i didnt replace the whole mount, just did the Fswerks insert so this might help a little more.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Thanks StingRay. I hope you don't think I was challenging you. Just looking for info. My RMM is goin' in on 02/14, so I'm gonna go ahead and order the bushings.

Thanks again for the info.
No problem. I didn't think you were challenging me at all, I could we how there would be a little bit of confusion over my initial statement.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I just ordered the bushings. I tell you what swung me was recalling that when the short shifter was installed in my '13 5spd, we also replaced the bushings with some from Steeda, because the OEM's were about the same quality as the RMM. The new bushings really tied the shifter down.

So I'm thinking that the new bushings for the E-RMM might absorb any extra NVH that might otherwise by caused by the stiffer E-RMM.

Will post results after 02/14/2015.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts