Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
So about a week ago I got home and went to put my e brake on, it wouldn’t engage when pulled and I could move it from side to side. It was very loose or sloppy feeling. If I push it to the side and slowly pull it’ll sometimes stay up but if I bump it at all it falls back down.

I’ve been trying to find a video or tutorial on how to take the center console out to see if it’s a bolt that unscrewed or a clip but I can’t seem to find one that is of the same generation or that’s a North American build.

Anyone got any links or ideas what could be wrong?

·
Registered
2013 Focus SE gray 5 spd hatch
2,036 Posts
It seems like your lever ratchet mechanism has loosened up or broken. There has to be a video showing the e-brake mechanism or console removal on youtube somewhere. Any 2012-18 Focus video will be essentially the same.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ll look into that, thank you. I have searched google with many different phrasing like “center console removal” and “armrest console” with no luck on a tutorial. I figured this forum was going to be my best bet to narrow in on how to remove the cover on the e brake. I’ll keep looking on YouTube as well

1 - 3 of 3 Posts