Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am talking to a dealership about a 2013 ford focus, it has 13,052 miles on it and is exactly what I am looking for. I am already pre-approved for the purchase of this particular car at $15,998. I have not been to this dealership to sit in or drive it so I have not negotiated with them yet, only received the OTD price tag. With tax, title, and license it is 17,713. (No city sales tax)

I feel like this is a little high, even though it is essentially a new car. I want to talk them down to the car being priced at $13,500, which is what nearly every other FF SE in this year is selling for in my area. The only down side is that this is one of only three models for sale in my geographic region under $20k with a 5spd and all the options I want (essentially anything is ok as long as it is *not* silver, *has* a 5spd and hatchback). it is also the most expensive of the three cars available within 150 mile radius.

Is $13.5 a good number for a used Focus with under 15k miles?

·
Registered
486 Posts
I bought a brand new 5spd '14 SE hatchback with the sport package in January for $13.5 so you can definitely get a used one for that price.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Sometimes, if you want the car desired, have to pull the trigger. But looks like it has 201A package, not a strippo car.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
^^^ odd first post, did you notice the OP bought one with a 5-spd.?

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
I bought it, they went down very little but I'm really happy with the car, more than I thought I would be able to afford for my first financed car.
Looks great man. Definitely got a great package!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Curious, have you looked into the issues with this vehicle?
If you're referring to the transmission issue, this one isn't affected because it's a manual.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry, I dont know why it was odd. I just dont want anyone to deal what I am dealing with. Sorry again for not knowing 5spd meant manual transmission. The dealership explained to me that my issues are because it is a dual clutch sometimes automatic, sometimes manual 5 spd. I apologize.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Sorry, I dont know why it was odd. I just dont want anyone to deal what I am dealing with. Sorry again for not knowing 5spd meant manual transmission. The dealership explained to me that my issues are because it is a dual clutch sometimes automatic, sometimes manual 5 spd. I apologize.
Thats a terrible way for it to have been explained to you~ Thread is going off course.

So GG op! welcome to the family!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ci11ge12, I was aware of the transmission problems from the start thank you for bringing it up though. It was the only reason I was hesitant about buying a focus/ford in general. I came from a Honda and had nothing but problems with that car. Rebuilt engine, new clutches, master cylandar, slave, clutch lines, radiator fans, and a lot of other stuff kept going wrong. I might as well have had a car payment! It was never ending.

But that is why I bought this car. I love manual transmissions as I love being connected to the driving experience and this car fit the bill with looks, function, and form. Plus it was within my budget!!

Thanks everyone. I did make sure to find one with nearly every option. It is leather, manual, moon roof, 17" rims, 202a package, the only things it doesn't have are the Sony sound system and the 7" nav screen... though that might be coming in later ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts