Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone has had the issue of the trunk wires getting damaged? I was putting groceries in my car and when I got in it said the trunk was open. I know it wasn't.
I got home and seen a frayed black and white wire over the subwoofer.

To say I'm a little disappointed is an understatement. I could understand if this happened on the driver side where it has a possibility of being damaged, but this is over the subwoofer that has no way of being affected other than opening and closing the trunk lid.

Can a Ford rep maybe comment on this? Thanks.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Not the first, Old thread here with near identical picture I remember (think it's in MkIII).

Ford Rep can only say "take it to Dealer for repair".

·
Registered
990 Posts
Ha! There for a second I thought that was my picture!!
Just connect the wires together and pop one of the plastic retainers from the body to grove is some slack and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha! There for a second I thought that was my picture!!
Just connect the wires together and pop one of the plastic retainers from the body to grove is some slack and you'll be fine.
Yeah that's what I did. It sucks too because I was crawling in the back of the trunk through the rear seats and using the manual latch to open it to try and figure it out. I thought the trunk just wasn't sitting properly and had to be adjusted slightly. I saw the wires touched them together and voila!

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
Been there, done that. A few others have had issues with their trunk harnesses too. Quick and easy warranty fix.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts