Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would you prefer between a 2013 ford focus trend 1.6L hatchback and a 2013 ford fiesta Sport and why?

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
You should read a review made by @dyn085, he owns a FoST and a FiST... He's taking the FiST over the FoST
The Fiesta ST v.s. the Focus ST is a completely different class and argument v.s. the 1.6 L N/A Focus v.s. a 1.6 L N/A Fiesta.

The Focus is a more refined car than the Fiesta. It is also more practical.

With the same engine though the Fiesta would be slightly quicker due to being lighter.

The Focus has a fully independent rear suspension v.s. the torsion/twist beam rear suspension on the Fiesta, so the car handles better while remaining more comfortable.

·
__________/\__
2,183 Posts
The Fiesta ST v.s. the Focus ST is a completely different class and argument v.s. the 1.6 L N/A Focus v.s. a 1.6 L N/A Fiesta.

The Focus is a more refined car than the Fiesta. It is also more practical.

With the same engine though the Fiesta would be slightly quicker due to being lighter.
Regarding refinement, the Focus also has four wheel independent suspension vs. the more primitive twist beam rear axle on the Fiesta.

·
Registered
275 Posts
The Focus has a nicer interior and has a larger interior. Do those things matter to you? Or do you live in an area with tight, crowded roads where a smaller car is more practical?

·
Registered
822 Posts
I've had both. In 2011 I bought a 2011 Fiesta SES. Had that for 5 months then traded it in for the Focus. Fiesta was a great little car. The biggest difference between the 2 at least when you sit in them is how much wider the Focus is. That was my only complaint with the Fiesta really. It always seemed my left knee was up against the door pull. Why they put such a large door pull on the Fiesta and mounted it low is beyond me. The Fiesta cornered as good as my Focus despite having the rear beam. In some ways my Fiesta was more fun to drive than my Focus. The steering was better for one. Of course in off the line acceleration, the Focus is much quicker. The Fiesta once up to speed on the highway was fine. The Fiesta had 10 more hp than my 1986 Dodge Omni GLH. Didn't have any problems with passing and such. Between the 2, I'm glad I swapped for the Focus though. Wider inside, more cargo space, nicer interior. Gave up about 3-4 mpg overall, but I can live with it. I think some people are talking the FiST over the FoST because it feels lighter and more tossable maybe. One complaint I've heard about the FiST is that the suspension is pretty harsh. More so than the FoST. As far as price, the dealers are price gouging from what I can see with the FiST. You can get a base FoST for the same price or cheaper than a FiST right now.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I tried to convince my wife to trade her 2013 Focus SE for a Fiesta ST, she drove Fiesta and hated it because the interior felt a lot cheaper than the Focus. For that reason I say get the Focus.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
what would you prefer between a 2013 ford focus trend 1.6L hatchback and a 2013 ford fiesta Sport and why?
In your market I believe the Fiesta Sport is equipped with the 1.0L EcoBoost, and the 1.5L for your market.

I would suggest you test drive both cars,back to back and see which one fits best.
I am big fan of the 1.0L EcoBoost, in my opinion offers more fun driving experience over the 1.6L.
If you could get the 1.0L EcoBoost in the Focus that would be my choice, but seeing that the Focus 1.0 EcoBoost is not offered in your market, not a possible choice.

The Focus Trend 1.6L is PhP100,000 more then the Fiesta Sport as well, depending what options you take.

Drive both and see which you prefer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts