Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I was in a bad accident with my 2010 Focus and the amount of damage the front end of car received is to have totaled the car. So with that being the possible outcome I went to my local Ford dealer and test drove a 2014 Fusion and Fiesta along with the 2013 focus and I really like the Focus and wanted to know are they that bad of a car with the transmissions they have in them. That Focus had more more them my 2010 did and it had the same 2.0 Duratec engine and I heard no such noise when I put foot into it coming from the transmission. It shifted beautiful and better then the transmission in my 2010. Also I didn't care for how the seats were on the Fusion, just a little to narrow for me and the outside noise could be hear inside the passenger compartment. The fiesta was a little to small for me. I'm on the tall side. So with that said are the 2013 Focus's that bad of a car. Any and all feedback negative and positive with be very grateful so I can decide on which way I need to go if my car is not repairable. Thanks.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I may ask what you said leaves a lot open Why don't you like it if I may ask. I see all of the reviews on how problematic they are but I didn't hear anything coming from transmission along with issues at take off from a light. So I don't know if they have already fixed it or what so if you could go into a little more detail I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dear Sir and everyone else interested,

Simple, I do have symptoms of what is refer on all threads regarding transmission issues. Fortunately for me at this time I did not experience some of the other problems out there regarding the car stopping to respond or stalling on highway, not yet at least.

It is unpleasant to have the hesitation, shutter when departing. I purchased this used car a month ago and did not feel or notice the problematic on my short test drive. I did not read or search details of the Ford Focus prior to, thinking Ford built good and reliable cars. I have had the pleasure of driving many cars in my past 36 years but not a Focus recently.
So the second day of my purchased I thought I had a slipping transmission, so I made an inquiry and I found this site and many others reports concerning the so called bad transmission issues.
The symptoms of hesitation are unpleasant, the occasional grinding noise are a concern.
My friends and passengers are ALL asking me what is wrong with the car as they ALL feel and notice that this is not a smooth car when starting from a stand still point.
I am not please with the feeling of the car personally, I have been driving for 36 years and have had the pleasure of driving a multitude of brand and this is one I wish I could get rid of because it is the unpleasant product to drive.
If you can't enjoy driving a car what is the purpose. There is too many cars manufacturer out there to be stuck driving an unpleasant car. Keep searching and don't take a chance on a Focus at this time.
I will admit that there is some positive in the Focus but the transmission issue is enough for me to not want to drive it anymore. It is very unfortunate as the car could a very good product.
This is my first Ford purchased product and I will NOT purchased another one. I will not put my trust in that company.
In my humble and personal opinion there is definitely a problem with the conception of their power train, a car is not designed to handle like that, and make incredible grinding noise, whatever Ford has been saying regarding the normal aspect of this car's features, with all respect to Ford I don't think anyone built a car to handle that way. They have destroyed their image for me and with many others with that car. Life is too short to drive a bad car, why take a second chance with a company that have problems standing behind their product. They have built a bad one and, yes they will recovered like many before them but for the time being many consumers are stuck with a bad apple and are paying for Ford's mistake.

Sir, if I may say so, don't take a chance to have a bad Ford Focus in your hand you will not appreciate the problems and bad driving feeling that come with it.

I will say in termination, I regret my purchase of this Ford Focus SE 2013 and if I had known prior I would have stayed away from this particular product.

I hope this satisfy as an answer to your question.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I may ask has it been in to Ford for the latest updates for the transmission. I really don't want to go with a Ford Fusion but I may half to sounds like.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No I haven't been to a dealership yet. My reading show me with the latest software anyhow.
Seriously, don't go with an automatic If you are interested in a Focus, get a manual transmission. It is a fun and good car to drive, if it was not for their automatic transmission problem, read more into.
Even after an overall it seems owners are reporting that the problem reappears afterward.
Leaking, grinding, etc...
I am not a car critics or expert but I do not enjoy the way this car handle automatic shifting.by the way my other car is a manual so I do better shifting than the Focus.
Look at other brand, other model, the Focus is not like is't the end of the world. I am certain there is better car out there in that price range.
Good luck in your search, hope you find a good car.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will due more research and talk to a few transmission shops about the DCT transmission that the newer Focus has. I'm starting to wonder if I'm gonna half to buy a Ford Fusion which I really didn't like.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts