Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2013 Ford Focus SE hatchback, unfortunately 3 days later the TCM and clutch kit went out, I hear this is a very common issue with the car and I would hate to have it "fixed" only to have it happen again not much further. I'm just curious to know if it is possible to do an ST swap with a 2.0L Turbo and the manual transmission. If anyone can I would also like a list of steps to take, doesn't have to be exact just some basics of what I'd need to do.

·
Registered
2013 Focus SE gray 5 spd hatch
2,036 Posts
Possible to do an ST engine/trans swap? technically yes but not at all easy. It would essentially require an entire ST parts car and the amount of effort and research and wiring hell isn't worth it.
More importantly how many miles are on this car?
The TCM is likely still under warranty. If you have less than 10yr/150k miles on it the TCM repair is free. The clutch is another story but a new revised DCT clutch will usually last you over 100k anyway. My 2012 SE had the TCM and clutch replaced 50k miles ago and it's doing fine. A little inherent shuddering to the design but otherwise it's good.

·
Registered
2014 Focus ST3
83 Posts
Here's the best forum post I could find with a few minutes of googling. This guy did the swap and actually went through with everything. Looks amazing!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.