Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone...well, bought a used 2013 focus se with 36,000 on it in Whitehall,Pa. Ran fine for about 2 weeks and then the fun started. Took back to dealer and they said it's just the way this car is and you need to learn how to drive it. Took it back a week later and they found the imput shaft seal leaking on to the clutch...replaced seal and re flashed the tcm. Ran ok for about 3 days and all the clunking,clanging,lurching is back, sounds like it's gonna just break apart. Will a new clutch fix this or is there a lot more to it? any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Tbird, but mine is the automatic. it has the powershift tranny which acts like a manual but is auto. there is no clutch pedal.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hello everyone...well, bought a used 2013 focus se with 36,000 on it in Whitehall,Pa. Ran fine for about 2 weeks and then the fun started. Took back to dealer and they said it's just the way this car is and you need to learn how to drive it. Took it back a week later and they found the imput shaft seal leaking on to the clutch...replaced seal and re flashed the tcm. Ran ok for about 3 days and all the clunking,clanging,lurching is back, sounds like it's gonna just break apart. Will a new clutch fix this or is there a lot more to it? any help is greatly appreciated.
Have dealer put in new "f" clutch pack.....cleaning the clutch plates is a 50/50 shot at best...and new clutch plates will make a difference BUT in the meantime, try this.....when the car begins to shift(1-2,2-3 gears), back off the throttle a bit then press gas each time it shifts up to 3rd gear....IMO! This has helped me with reducing the shudder.

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
I had a 2015 Focus rental recently, 15k miles on it; Had the same problem when starting from a stop. Seems to be a common problem in all Focus models with the DCT transmission.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts