Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just bought a 13 focus se 1 week ago today, it was repossessed and it has a cheap key. Anyone know where I can buy the original key cheaper then ford. They want $200 for just the key that's not programmed or cut or anything. Thanks guys.

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
Fleabay or a online website, your most likely not going to find a factory genuine but close enough knockoff, even when you get your new key you will have to pay to get it programmed and the old keys erased from the memory as of right now whoever has the other keys still has access to your car

to replace my keys and ignition cyliiinder on the cars that broke the ignitions was average $500 for 2 PATS fobkeys, cutting and reprogramming (plus the drilling out of the old cylinder and replacement with a new one)

anyone can cut the keys, you need to find someone who can erase and program the new keys and be forwarned Locksmiths who advertise vehicle programming may be idiots as a few people here have had them come cut a key then tell them their ECU is bad or has a GLITCH and need a new one when the locksmith in fact cut the wrong key and tried to program a GEM key on a PATS system (i personally do not know if that year is GEM or Pats so make sure that locksmith knows as those 2 types are not compatible with eachother)

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
or ask pasta [duh].. seems to have every key possible.. most likely has the missing key and fob to mine...[joke] [hatchet]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts