Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had an issue with your flick-knife key not opening? It's as though the spring has crapped itself. I have to manually pry it out every time I want to drive.

My car has less than 25,000 kms on it, and is just less than two years old, I wouldn't have thought the key should not work after a considerably short amount of use. Do you think I'd be eligible for replacement?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Has anyone had an issue with your flick-knife key not opening? It's as though the spring has crapped itself. I have to manually pry it out every time I want to drive.

My car has less than 25,000 kms on it, and is just less than two years old, I wouldn't have thought the key should not work after a considerably short amount of use. Do you think I'd be eligible for replacement?
Might not find much help here, as US Focus gets a standard key VS other countries flip style key.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Here in the states the key fob, less battery issues, would be replaced under the 36/36,000 mile warranty. I Believe Australia law requires 3/100,000 kilometers? (62,000 miles). Never hurts to go to the dealer. I would say the key is inoperable. basically it is if you cannot start the car :)

I play with my switch key wayyyyyy too much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts