Focus Fanatics Forum banner

81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Here's a good picture of the whole assembly from an Amazon page selling a replacement:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M37PYXQ/

I just ordered one. My car is out of warranty, and replacement doesn't look too complicated once you remove the hose that connect the air filter box to the intake manifold. Not worth it to me to pay the dealer $300 to install a $40 part.
I know I'm quoting an old post. However just because your cars Bumper to Bumper is over, doesn't mean your Emissions is. Since EVAP is considered Emissions equip. it may be covered.

Reference the TSB & your manual for Emissions Warranty information.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I know I'm quoting an old post. However just because your cars Bumper to Bumper is over, doesn't mean your Emissions is. Since EVAP is considered Emissions equip. it may be covered.

This part is not covered under the emission warranty.

Squad G, Thanks for this excellent plan. Took me 45 minutes! The tips were the biggest help otherwise the recon would have added another 45 minutes. $50 & 45 minutes beats $300 or so at Ford dealer or garage. Again, thanks! DF
Your welcome!

·
Registered
580 Posts

It's not covered, I just got the code on my 2013 saying this part is "going" bad. Basically you can get the code, clear it and hope it doesn't come back but eventually this will fail.

Funny thing is this specific part is VERY common to fail on cars. My dad had a BMW where it also failed, and a buddy of mine had it fail on his Chrysler. Must be a cheaply designed part on an industry wide basis.

And changing it is a snap, takes 20 minutes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just dropped off for the door latch recall gonna have them peep the tank, ordered the purge gonna change it just for peace of mind

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
It says fuel valve...interesting... yes many people have had expired emissions warranty and paid out of pocket to fix

·
Registered
969 Posts
Will be interesting to see if I can get a refund for the $100 out of pocket I paid to have mine replaced out of warranty...I who able to get Ford to refund only a portion of the repair because I argued it was part of the emissions warranty.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
What about the people that had major damage and it cost around 2500 total to fix...feel bad for them, hope ford steps up and reimburses them

·
Registered
10 Posts
How far off is the gauges on this issue I ran out of fuel with 30 miles till empty. Think I have a issue?
In my vehicle, it depends on the conditions I'm driving in. If it was a cool morning(75 degrees or below), it will run out at about 18 miles to empty. If it's a hot and humid day, then my tank is dry between 45-50 miles till empty.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What about the people that had major damage and it cost around 2500 total to fix...feel bad for them, hope ford steps up and reimburses them
Agreed. Last year, dealer charged to replace my valve, acknowledged the tank issue, but wanted another $1,500 to fix it. I passed on that.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I just replaced mine last month. I surely hope that they do offer a refund but I'm sure they'll say it'll have to be a genuine Ford part in order to do a refund.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I just got a letter from Ford concerning the recall on the "Canister Purge Valve". It stated that they are in the process of manufacturing the parts and will send another letter when they are ready and I can schedule an apt at a dealer. This is on my 2015 Focus Hatchback. Here is what they said:

"...dealers will reprogram the Powertrain Control Module. Dealers will also check for fault codes and replace the CPV as needed. If the CPV is replaced, dealers will inspect and replace the carbon canister, fuel tank and fuel delivery module as necessary."

So they will not just replace the valve if it shows no signs of malfunction? I think I would rather have it replaced no matter what.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Don’t do it yourself let the dealer do it for free otherwise you may void warranty

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
It's too late for most of us. A lot of us have experienced this problem long before the recall notice. Our next move is to hope they'll honor our request for a refund.

·
Registered
499 Posts
If I remember correctly, the recall letter I received said that those who fixed the CPV on their own BEFORE the recall was issued would be eligible for reimbursement so if you do it yourself now, it might be a fight to get any money back.

·
Registered
391 Posts
If I remember correctly, the recall letter I received said that those who fixed the CPV on their own BEFORE the recall was issued would be eligible for reimbursement so if you do it yourself now, it might be a fight to get any money back.
Did mine a year ago.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

81 - 100 of 101 Posts