Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
'13 Focus DPS6 Fault Code P2701??

70K miles, Letter from Ford saying TCM, Clutches, Seals are covered. Driving at highway speed and my cars trans slips out of gear and TRANSMISSION FAULT SERVICE NOW. No warning or symptoms prior on an otherwise beautiful car. now is slamming into gears, slipping, causing the car to die

I was relieved that there is a campaign to cover known issues but all that went away (along with the color in my face) when Ewald Venus Ford called me and said "Yeah sorry, not covered. Itll cost you $1500 to open it up and find out whats wrong".

I asked them to please email me the code(s) as follows:

P2701:00-68-TCM transmission friction element B apply time/range/performance

They think the throw-out bearing is bad or possibly a shift fork/actuator/motor is bad or stuck. I have scoured the threads and stickies and found little to do with this code. It sounds like either way the trans is going to have to come out.

If anyone has any info or experiences regarding this code can you please share?

Best Regards
Mike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wound up needing a throwout bearing, rear main oil seal, clutch and shift forks. $2900.00. Done at Ford so I get a 2yr unlimited mile warranty.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I wound up needing a throwout bearing, rear main oil seal, clutch and shift forks. $2900.00. Done at Ford so I get a 2yr unlimited mile warranty.
To update this, on mine car it ended up being the Control module. $900 with a two year unlimited mile warranty from the local dealership. The sad part, that was the second module put in the car. The original was replace in October 2015 with 85k on the car; Ford paid for that one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts