Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello all, first post!
what if you've had the stalling problems and your vin# is not on the recall list?
2014 TB ST1
3200 miles

i do love this car !!

·
Breathing. Alive?
3,108 Posts
Still you should take it in. They don't know the exact vehicles that were built incorrectly so they'll repair it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
thanks, i will.
at 700 miles it stalled and would not start back up.
towed to dealership in NC where it took 5 days to fix.
battery would be dead in one hour.
splice repaired (?), & new fuel pump.
it has since stalled again, but it did start back up.
i'm waiting for the letter to be sent out, but doesn't look like i'll be getting one.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Took mine in for service Wednesday and found out I had this issue. Spent 4 hours at dealer on Thursday having mine repaired.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had that recall fixed on my '13 ST but it still has an issue. Whenever I'm at a stop or put the car on neutral the RPM's drop below the idle range & in some instances it has died on me but it turns back on with no problems. It's been doing that since I purchased the car brand new off the dealer with only 33 miles on it. Now it has a little over 83,xxx. I've been thinking since day one that my car my be considered a lemon. Has anyone else had this issue before & after the engine wiring splice?

·
Registered
580 Posts
After you get this done check your wiring wrap, my dealer didn't do a very good job and left exposed parts of the bundle. I of course rewrapped the wire (and switched dealers).

·
Registered
966 Posts
After you get this done check your wiring wrap, my dealer didn't do a very good job and left exposed parts of the bundle. I of course rewrapped the wire (and switched dealers).
First dealer that did my recall didn't get wires put back into bracket good and one of the wires chaffed into two pieces

1 - 14 of 14 Posts