Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I searched and could not find this in the forums anywhere so I apologize in advance for "wrong thread, dont start a new thread etc".

Can someone tell me if you can put a 15" whel on a 2012 foucs SEL that has front and rear discs?

Putting some winter tires on it and want to run 15".

Also, would a wheel from an '05 Ford Escape fit on the '12 Focus? Not sure about the offset.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Bean

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
escapes use a 5 x 114.3mm bolt pattern, which wont fit the focus (5x108)

·
Registered
241 Posts
ride quality is more sloppy than i liked with new 15" blizzacks on 1012 sel with 17" stock rims.
Do you attribute that to the Blizzaks having deeper treads and/or the higher aspect ratio? I am waiting for it to get a bit colder before I swap on my Blizzak WS70 tires. I've run winter-rated tires on a Mustang before, and I know there is a change in the handling along with increased road noise. Like on my Mustang, I kept the same wheel diameter for the snow tires (16" on the Focus). I'm hoping that I like the Blizzak tires.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes. The sloppy ride I can understand. The problem is the tracking down a straight level road is terrible. Constant steering wheel corrections. Move the wheel a small amount and no movement then it will "catch" and correct too much. Like it's toe'ed in bad. Maybe the electric steering system is wierd now with different tires. Drive perfect with the stock 17" tires.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Like 28HopUp mentioned both the winter tire compound, which is much squishier and softer than an all season tire, and the difference in the aspect ratio will contribute to what you're experiencing. Depending on what tire you are coming from the difference can be drastic. Usually the trade off in snow traction is worth it though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts