Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2012 YellowBlaze Focus W/MODS

3K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  WiscoGTI 
#1 ·
Here is a set of pictures that shows the progression of what I have done over the last few months...

Starting out:

Then I got 15% tint all the way around, minus windshield of course. Followed by debadging, chopping the rear muffler off and adding an exhaust tip. Then I ordered some Lamin-x for the tails and got that installed. Here are the pics of everything to date!

Next I want to get some black screws and bolt-ons for the license plate covers. Followed by no-logo splash guards and getting the red reflectors covered up in the back.

Any more ideas?? Let me know!

See less See more
#2 ·
"Then I got 15% tint all the way around, minus windshield of course. Followed by debadging, chopping the rear muffler off and adding an exhaust tip. Then I ordered some Lamin-x for the tails and got that installed. Here are the pics of everything to date!"
-- How much louder is the exhaust with the muffler gone?

I am pretty much doing what you are doing but with Candy Blue :) I will be hiding the exhaust tip though or modding it to duals or making it look like the mini cooper or focus st exhaust.

#3 ·
Man I love that color! I have Frosted Glass Metallic myself, but wish I could have Yellow Blaze instead considering how awesome it looks with the black grille.

Here's what I would do:
-Buy the painted 17"s
-Find the black-bezel Titanium headlights
-Place vinyl on the chrome pieces of the front grille

After that it's just a waiting game for the performance parts!

#12 ·
Hmm not sure. How tough is that stuff? Reason I ask is because I find myself constantly cleaning the stainless tip I have on right now. It catches a lot of road grime and I feel a black exhaust would show a lot less. I'm afraid that if I just paint the current one it will get scratched/rubbed off in no time.

#13 ·
In addition to what's been mentioned in previous posts, I'd go with the Titanium's black/chrome fog light bezels as well. I want a set for my own Yellow Blaze Focus.

#17 ·
Here's my predicament though..

I know how to cover up the chrome in the front, that can be done fairly easy. Same with the reflectors in back near the bottom.

I don't know what to do about rims though. I really don't want to invest in a new set of rims/tires. Too much $$ for me. I was thinking of either painting them or going the plasti-dip route.

I've heard great things about plasti-dip on rims, and how it will last virtually untouched through multiple winters.

There's a wedding coming up next spring that I need to save for so cheap mods are my only option right now. On the flip side of that, I don't want to be too cheap, and I want to keep the ride looking clean.

Thoughts?

*EDIT I also found this product, that I could use on the foglight bezels and rims. http://duplicolor.com/products/shadow/

#18 ·
Use a high temp engine enamel on the tip and you should be just fine.

#19 ·
Be careful with that tint here in Ohio, Highway patrol made my buddy pull the tint off the front windows on the side of I-75 on his way home from work. His was 15%. Car looks great too, I like the windows myself just giving ya a heads up.

#20 ·
the tint is cool but save your money so you can get some real mods going. a drop and wheels will make it much better then tinting your rear reflectors that no one will notice. just sayin'

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.