Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the 2012 Ford Focus windshild wipers. Can I buy just the rubber inserts for the wiper blades? or do i have to buy the whole assy for the arm?
And what is the part number to ask at parts, if just the rubber can be ordered?
Thanks in advance.
[driving]

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
From what I've seen lately in stores, you have to buy the whole wiper blade. You may be able to find some inserts somewhere but they usually cost as much or more than the whole thing.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i really just want an OEM replacement, nothing else.
So I am wondering if the exact part from Ford parts could be the rubber bit only? or is it the whole thing, and what is the Ford Part number for the rubber refill? or the whole blade?
Thanks though, for answering.

·
Registered
362 Posts
This style of blade doesn't use refills. There are other brands like the Bosch Icon so you do have other flavors of the style to try but as you probably saw they're not cheap.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I stopped being lazy and looked up ford parts. entering my VIN so I know it is the right OEM parts.
NOPE, the replacement is the rubber blade and metal track:
Ford Parts:
Motorcraft:
17528 ww2802 (left)
and ww2803 (right) $12.82 each
direct from Ford Parts.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Well just checked and looks like Rock Auto has few options.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/racatalog.php?carcode=1501060&parttype=8852
I stopped being lazy and looked up ford parts. entering my VIN so I know it is the right OEM parts.
NOPE, the replacement is the rubber blade and metal track:
Ford Parts:
Motorcraft:
17528 ww2802 (left)
and ww2803 (right) $12.82 each
direct from Ford Parts.
Why is Rock Auto $10.19 ea. for OEM and Ford $12.82?
Just asking...

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Why is Rock Auto $10.19 ea. for OEM and Ford $12.82?
Just asking...
Ford price is full retail, the other site can sell at whtever they want to. So I would guess it is a discount price.
Sometimes one can also get a discount at a ford dealer parts counter, if you are nice about it. And sometimes thy add on another 10% or 20% just because they can get away with it.
Fod prices for parts at a dealer is always shrouded in mystery.. Especially when you pay for them in the service dept. They magically become 10% or more, higher priced than in the parts dept.
PS in owners' manual free replacement wipers if needed for first 6 months.. read the manual

1 - 8 of 8 Posts