Focus Fanatics Forum banner

81 - 100 of 920 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
makuloco2000
I also appreciate the videos explaining the seal replacement and diagnostic process. I'm curious if there is any way I can attach a data logger of some sort to capture the events when the shuddering occurs?

The "adaptive learning" code appears to be the suspect if the seals aren't leaking. This is the only logical conclusion that I can see. It would explain the random nature of the problem with my car. Is there any primer or whitepaper that gives an overview of the operation?

Lastly, my car has a build date of 06/13, is there a way to see if that build date has the defective seals? I have an appointment with the local dealership today; I just would like to be armed with information in case I get the "couldn't duplicate" or "works as designed" boilerplate response.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I hope I can get my 2014 Titanium fixed. When I took it in 6 months ago, the service manager said the shudder was within "acceptable limits". Six months later and 15k miles, it's worse, plus under light acceleration there is often a "growling" noise. I have read every thread in this and other forums about the idiosyncrasies of the dct transmission and how best to drive it. I printed the letter a couple posts above (even though mine is still under full warranty) and hope I can convince them this time to investigate and repair it. If not, I'll be calling Ford to see if they can send me to a more cooperative dealer.
The latest ECM reprogram fixed my occasional 1st gear shudder, and improved the shift points to slightly higher rpms, which improves drivability.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I hope I can get my 2014 Titanium fixed...Six months later and 15k miles, it's worse, plus under light acceleration there is often a "growling" noise...
Hi nitewulf,

Has this concern been taken care of since this post? Please let me know in a private message with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.
...I have an appointment with the local dealership today; I just would like to be armed with information in case I get the "couldn't duplicate" or "works as designed" boilerplate response.
Let me know how the appointment goes, and send me the info requested above. :)

Meagan

R

·
0 Posts
Focus warranty

When and how do you obtain this extended warranty from Ford? I had to pay $95 back in April for them to "diagnose" my problem again. I have not see anything from them and have had my 2012 Ford Focus for 2 years. Also what good is a warranty if it does not fix the problem? I had had the computer reprogrammed back at the 25,000 mile mark ( I now have 65,000). My car also has the growling sound at 20 mph and 50 mph. I have heard of some actually having a new clutch but you have to push to get it

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
When and how do you obtain this extended warranty from Ford? I had to pay $95 back in April for them to "diagnose" my problem again. I have not see anything from them and have had my 2012 Ford Focus for 2 years. Also what good is a warranty if it does not fix the problem? I had had the computer reprogrammed back at the 25,000 mile mark ( I now have 65,000). My car also has the growling sound at 20 mph and 50 mph. I have heard of some actually having a new clutch but you have to push to get it
rtread, I think there is a whole thread about it at the main forum screen a, including links to view/print it. As to your other observations, you make a good point but even I think this HAS to be fixable, somehow.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi nitewulf,

Has this concern been taken care of since this post? Please let me know in a private message with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Let me know how the appointment goes, and send me the info requested above. :)

Meagan
Thanks Meagan. My appointment is Tuesday, Aug. 26th for a regular service plus to have them look again at the transmission. I fully expect to get the brush-off on the transmission so I will definitely PM you after the appointment to see where we can go from there. Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Thanks Meagan. My appointment is Tuesday, Aug. 26th for a regular service plus to have them look again at the transmission. I fully expect to get the brush-off on the transmission so I will definitely PM you after the appointment to see where we can go from there. Thanks again for your help.
Sounds good! I'll keep an eye out for it.

Meagan

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sounds good! I'll keep an eye out for it.

Meagan
Meagan, I picked up the car this afterrnoon. I convinced them to do the TSB 14-0131 and reflash the PCM. They replaced the clutch assy. and performed an adaptive relearn. So far it seems to be much better so we'll consider the matter closed unless something additional turns up. Thanks very much for your kind offer of help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Extended Warranty

I've got a 2013 focus SE that I've had to put in the shop 3 times now for the clutch and transmission. This past Friday I picked my car up from dealership. Saturday, I received a letter from ford that in trying to make things right with the problems with my car, they are giving me an extended warranty on the transmission, clutch, and seals for another 100,000 miles or 7 years , whichever comes first. I was just wondering has anybody else received this letter.[cheers]

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Warranty extension on clutch, seals & tcm programming went to everyone with build dates up to around mid June '13 (IIRC on the date) to include early build '14's.

That didn't include transmission as a whole or "another" 7 yrs 100,000 mi., just an extension to that point.

You can find details & copies posted in the MkIII sections.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Meagan, I picked up the car this afterrnoon. I convinced them to do the TSB 14-0131 and reflash the PCM. They replaced the clutch assy. and performed an adaptive relearn. So far it seems to be much better so we'll consider the matter closed unless something additional turns up. Thanks very much for your kind offer of help.
That's great! Glad to hear everything's running smoothly now. You know how to find me if you need me. :)

Meagan

·
Registered
6 Posts
my 2014 will be going to the dealer for the third time next week. I hope they can do something for this. the shudder and banging and clanging is embarrassing. I traded an explorer in on this with trans issues and now have trans troubles on a 2014. I have owned 30+fords I don't know about the next one!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
my 2014 will be going to the dealer for the third time next week. I hope they can do something for this. the shudder and banging and clanging is embarrassing. I traded an explorer in on this with trans issues and now have trans troubles on a 2014. I have owned 30+fords I don't know about the next one!
That was one thing that was irksome while I owned mine, its "normal" symptoms were pronounced enough that passengers asked "whats that" ?

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Hi there,

I want to look into this further. Please send me your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, I received it also. Spoke to my service writer and he kind of skipped around fixing it with a "It has to be shaking bad enough to satisfy them, not me. That was the day they replaced the rear package shelf that was falling apart. Like the car except the x-mission and a rattling/vibrating noise that seems to come from the left front on acceleration. Will be hard to find since it is not consistent. 2012 sedan, 27,000 +/- a few.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello,

I’ve bought a 2012 Ford Focus Titanium a year ago and had a great experience with my car until last week. The car started extremely shaking between 1-3 gears around 2000rpm – it seems as the car is trying to change gears but it’s having issues with it. This is the worst in highway traffic once it’s stop and go. I was afraid the car will completely die on me. To add to these issues a coffee maker grinding sound started appearing also within 1-3 gears around 2000rpm (which you can hear with windows closed) and yesterday the car started shaking when I’m on reverse.

I am planning to take it to the dealer this week, however dose anyone have any suggestions on what should I be specifically telling the dealer so this issue is fixed.

81 - 100 of 920 Posts