Focus Fanatics Forum banner

261 - 280 of 927 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
thought i would get back and post what they did, it solved the shudder on mine;;see link'
Software updates dont sound as successful as Ford is telling you from my reading at least. I would start familiarizing yourself with your states lemon law and preparing yourself to bring the vehicle back when it starts doing this again.

·
Registered
426 Posts
that doesn't sound very promising,, i do believe every ford garage is different,, that's why i travel 4o miles to the one in Harvord Illinois, case in point;; i live just 5 miles from a ford dealer that has been in business for over 50 years, i have been in there many times because i also have a 01 focus wagon.. there is a difference,, at Harvord the maniac that worked on my car talked to me,, he said that the programing of the 6 servo motors has to be very precise, and the only reason to tear them down, as other dealers do is they think its easer to rip it apart than do the proper tune..that's why i posted the invoice so i can help anyone with this problem,, now about the lemon law,, with Ford you will never get that far,, Ford will step up and do the right thing,RRRRRRRambleing[[[[

·
Registered
55 Posts
They ordered a clutch pack assembly for my car 3 weeks ago when they patched the leak, put 2000 miles on the car since then, it's gotten worse than the last time, but they are saying I have to wait another 3-4 weeks for the clutch pack to come in. The truck I traded in had 176K miles on the original transmission and only slipped once ever since I owned it. This car shudders like there is no tomorrow with 12,600 miles on it. It's pretty pathetic that this will be the 3rd time this situation has been dealt with.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not sure why you posted the invoice. My first was like that except mine had 200 rpms and at our arbitration hearing the ford rep tried to say it did not count as a "substantial" attempt and therefore not one of the 3 plus 1 required by law. I am waiting to hear the outcome of that hearing. Should be by Wed. so we shall see if the the arbitrator bought that bull. At my second attempt they ordered the clutch. 3rd attempt attempt they installed the clutch(after 4 week wait for part. 4th attempt ordered another clutch. 5th attempt installed the new clutch(after 14 week wait). Now I am close to needing another clutch. Due to ford's delay with parts it put me beyond the lemon law dates and into the BBB autoline.

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
Always wish people luck with getting a resolution that makes them happy.

That said, I've got to comment that each Dealership visit doesn't count as a "repair attempt" under the varied lemon law/arbitration statutes.

Diagnosis on one visit and a repair on the next when parts are avail. only counts ONCE, as no repair was done on the first visit.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Always wish people luck with getting a resolution that makes them happy.

That said, I've got to comment that each Dealership visit doesn't count as a "repair attempt" under the varied lemon law/arbitration statutes.

Diagnosis on one visit and a repair on the next when parts are avail. only counts ONCE, as no repair was done on the first visit.
That rewards the dealer with not having to have the proper inventory to make common repairs. It also rewards and penalizes the consumer by shrinking their lemon law statute period. Not to mention the inconvenience of having to return to the dealership more often than they should have and of having to drive a noncomforming vehicle.
I had 5 months of waiting for parts. Not sure, but may find out if this is legal under the Manguson Moss Act.
I hope someone doesn't have to die in an accident related to this unsafe vehicle before ford stocks the parts necessary to fix these cars. That is if these cars can be fixed.

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
I didn't comment on parts waiting time or potential safety issues.

That's opening a couple other cans of worms that weren't addressed.

·
Registered
426 Posts
rock said, they weren't sure why i posted the invoice,, as i said i do believe there is a big dif. between ford garages, i have been in a few,, with these new cars, the right mechanic can make the difference, you know you said yours was 200rpms, maybe they should of set it to 95;;; rock, i really think if you had the man that set mine at the beginning you would not be in the situation you are now,,, if you want call Harvard Ford in Illinois. ask to speek with the man that did mine,, maybe he can call your dealer and instruct them on the proper way to deal with this problem.. the service manager said they have done hundreds of them with complete success,, no wrenches, or parts needed,, just a laptop, good luck

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks for the good thoughts but at this point I am just going to let the process run its course. Thanks again. ps unfortunately my dealership has also done hundreds, maybe thousands, don't know what the success rate is although looking through the different forums it doesn't look good.

·
Registered
426 Posts
rock,,, i do understand, letting the process run its course,, but when i took mine in, i told the service manager, i did not want it torn open,,mabey i made them think ,, if i remember right yours has not been opened yet, if so call Harvord Ford,, 888-476-5065 look at the invoice i posted, the tecs. name is there. good luck,, oh by the way, i just drove mine,, i stop start, cost, on a hill, on a flat, i have tried everything to get it to shudder and, the problem was really solved right the first time... i did go back and read the post you made,, i see,if its been opened and are going for the third time, i would be pissed to..sounds like they created more problems trying to solve one;;;;;;;

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wish I read this BEFORE I bought my 2014 Focus! Should of bought a manual trans right from the get. I'm in the Detroit area, all these dealers a high volume, I'll NEVER find a tech like this guy.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Wish I read this BEFORE I bought my 2014 Focus! Should of bought a manual trans right from the get. I'm in the Detroit area, all these dealers a high volume, I'll NEVER find a tech like this guy.
What is your vehicle's build date, and what problems are you experiencing?

·
Registered
426 Posts
well knot, as i said before,, if any dealer wants to tear it open,, you tell them to call, Harvord Ford, ask for justin;; service manager,, and the tec, that knows how to tune it is Nicholas Flashing;; good luck

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
What is your vehicle's build date, and what problems are you experiencing?
I don't know about his car, but it sounds like he is experiencing the fear, uncertainty, and doubt (FUD) inspired in many Focus owners by reading all these threads about problems with DCTs. I even get a bit of that and mine has a manual trans. (Is my rear main seal going to leak? ...)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Just got a call from the dealer. Car is ready to be picked up. They've had it since Monday morning, and apparently instead of putting in the new clutch pack, all they did was re-program it. I'm PISSED! This service was scheduled 2 weeks in advance for the express purpose of putting in a new clutch pack after the service foreman drove it personally and exclaimed that it was one of the worst shuddering that he has felt, and that it was definitely in need of the new clutch pack. Instead, this is the 4th re programming, and none have fixed what is clearly a physical defect. This combined with the faulty fuel pump leaving me stranded in the middle of the road a couple months back, I think I'm done with this car. It's a shame, because it really rides nicely and handles well, and is economical, but the transmission is anything but inspiring.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Just got a call from the dealer. Car is ready to be picked up. They've had it since Monday morning, and apparently instead of putting in the new clutch pack, all they did was re-program it. I'm PISSED! This service was scheduled 2 weeks in advance for the express purpose of putting in a new clutch pack after the service foreman drove it personally and exclaimed that it was one of the worst shuddering that he has felt, and that it was definitely in need of the new clutch pack. Instead, this is the 4th re programming, and none have fixed what is clearly a physical defect. This combined with the faulty fuel pump leaving me stranded in the middle of the road a couple months back, I think I'm done with this car. It's a shame, because it really rides nicely and handles well, and is economical, but the transmission is anything but inspiring.

Depending on your state laws you may have a Lemon case.

https://www.carlemon.com/lemon/ks_law.html

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ref. number of attempts at fixing same problem for lemon law. When I went to arbitration ford tried to say that reprogramming should not be counted as an attempt. I haven't gotten the results of the hearing so I can't tell you if the arbitrator agreed with me or them. Ford also tried to say that when it was diagnosed for needing a clutch replacement and they had to order the part that visit should not count as an attempt either. If you are going to try and lemon law this car get well versed in your states lemon law. It wouldn't hurt to also review the Magnusson Moss Act, which deals with warranties.

261 - 280 of 927 Posts