Focus Fanatics Forum banner

241 - 260 of 927 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Replied! :)

Thanks!!!

Hi again,

I've reached out to you a few times to offer my assistance, please let me know if you're interested. I highly recommend reaching out to our Customer Relationship Center (the number's in my signature) regarding the newest concern.

Hi DaveIsHere,

Once you have an appointment set up, please let me know, along with your mileage.

Hi mjb457,

In order to look into additional assistance, heading to the dealer is the best first step. Every situation is different, and since I'm not a technician, I'm unable to diagnose or suggest repairs. That's where your dealer comes in. :) Some times, I'm unable to assist further; others I can look into additional options, but the dealer is always the best place to start.

Meagan

Hi Meagan, yes I got your email, thanks for replying back! I decided to call the Ford Customer Care number you left for me. I wanted to speak with someone directly by phone. It went well & I have her all the info she needed & she told me I would receive a call back within one business day. I'll let you all know how things go. Thanks again!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Meagan-Ford Rep/ I think you misunderstood my point---you as well as other Ford Reps once an issue is posted---intercede & contact a FORD local customer Service Manager to squash bad Karma----I truly feel you mean to help as well as Ford but with the DCT & it's ongoing issues & warranties most dealers can only follow what Ford will reimburse them for monetarily. It's like a cat chasing it's tail & we the consumers are trapped.Warranties are only as good as the one willing to follow allows. Id rather forgo the warranty & have a good product if possible. I hope they find a real fix soon. Thanks MJB

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Hi Meagan, yes I got your email, thanks for replying back! I decided to call the Ford Customer Care number you left for me. I wanted to speak with someone directly by phone. It went well & I have her all the info she needed & she told me I would receive a call back within one business day. I'll let you all know how things go. Thanks again!
You're welcome! I completely understand, sometimes it's easier to do things over the phone. It's all about preference. :)

Meagan-Ford Rep/ I think you misunderstood my point---you as well as other Ford Reps once an issue is posted---intercede & contact a FORD local customer Service Manager to squash bad Karma----I truly feel you mean to help as well as Ford but with the DCT & it's ongoing issues & warranties most dealers can only follow what Ford will reimburse them for monetarily. It's like a cat chasing it's tail & we the consumers are trapped.Warranties are only as good as the one willing to follow allows. Id rather forgo the warranty & have a good product if possible. I hope they find areal fix soon. Thanks MJB
I completely understand, and I'm limited in what I'm able to do. That being said, I do my best to make sure everyone's pointed in the right direction. CSM's are the decision makers as far as the monetary assistance you mentioned, and I'm unable to influence or overturn those decisions. Our engineers are working hard, and the best way for them to get data is with owners visiting their dealers for diagnosis and documentation.

Meagan

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
Dreamer

Even a complete new DCT is cheaper if needed than swapping to a manual (at Dealer prices with all new parts).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well an update, the dealership took my car for a day and set me up with a 2015 Focus rental car.
The car that I rented was amazing! shifted smooth and no shakes or shudders when shifting at all, again this was the rental car.
I took the rental back and picked up my focus with no explanation, they just gave me the keys and paperwork and said I was all set. I left and drove home and nothing was fixed! plus they put almost 100 miles on my car for the test drive.
I checked my paperwork and saw that they found no issues, however they did note that I have a aftermarket air intake (I do not, car is all stock).
I honestly do not know what to do now, my focus is not fixed, this is the second dealership that refuses to fix of acknowledge my issues. I feel unsafe driving this car with my family and even they comment on how odd my car feels as a passenger.
I just want a car that operates correctly and feels safe, which is not what Ford is providing me for my money.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Well an update, the dealership took my car for a day and set me up with a 2015 Focus rental car.
The car that I rented was amazing! shifted smooth and no shakes or shudders when shifting at all, again this was the rental car.
I took the rental back and picked up my focus with no explanation, they just gave me the keys and paperwork and said I was all set. I left and drove home and nothing was fixed! plus they put almost 100 miles on my car for the test drive.
I checked my paperwork and saw that they found no issues, however they did note that I have a aftermarket air intake (I do not, car is all stock).
I honestly do not know what to do now, my focus is not fixed, this is the second dealership that refuses to fix of acknowledge my issues. I feel unsafe driving this car with my family and even they comment on how odd my car feels as a passenger.
I just want a car that operates correctly and feels safe, which is not what Ford is providing me for my money.
See if you can get a service writer to take a drive with you in a 2015, then take the exact same drive in yours. See if the writer can tell the difference.

It sounds like at this service department, the service writer can't. Then try the same with the service manager. (I'm betting neither the service manager nor the service writer can spell wrench nor have ever used one).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can someone please offer me advice? I think this is the issue I'm having. The car chatters and jerks around from a dead stop to second gear. I made a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPYjwagdaVs, if you go to 9 seconds you can hear it. It's actually much worse, and extremely embarrassing driving people around.

Is this something the dealer should/can fix? I'm still under warranty.

Edit: just called my dealership. They said the transmission is on recall but they don't have the parts. I'm on a waiting list now but she said people have been on it since November. wtf.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have 90,000 on my 2012 with the original clutches and seals without any abnormal shuttering issues. The only time i notice anything is starting from a stop around our neighborhood when there are a couple stop signs in a row and it just feels like a true manual clutch.
Is it worth taking this to the dealer before the warranty expires to have the latest axle and seal revision installed? i'm leaning on the "if it's not broke, don't fix it" but also don't want to be just over 100,000 and have them go out. Any thoughts/advise is appreciated.

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
OC 2012

You won't get a replacement without symptoms (oil leak or shudder over max. spec.) & taking it in would get you the latest TCM program you MIGHT not even like as much (some owners of '12's weren't as happy with response after this in the past).

Unless you see evidence of an oil leak from seepage at the engine /trans junction it might not be worth the trip to the Dealer.

The opposite opinion would be to let them look it over, just in case they DO find an issue. There have been some who weren't complaining of troubles & still DID get a replacement when the Dealer checked it out.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I can do that.

... The manual does not experience this shudder.
... unless driven improperly.

I have found, though, that the clutch in my '14 Focus is much more forgiving of sloppy techinque than my old Honda is. You almost have to work at it to get the Focus to shudder, where the Honda is very touchy. It's probably as much from having more power and more modern tuning as the clutch, but altogether it's just better.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Well, it's my turn for a new clutch pack. This is my second attempt. I visited the dealer in December for a re-program, and they apparently ordered a clutch pack for me at that time. When I went back in April for another reprogram, they told me that my clutch pack was in. But, it wasn't doing the shuddering at that point, so they gave the clutch pack to someone else. I went back 10 days ago while it was hot, and at it's worst, and the assistant manager agreed it was a definite candidate.

As of this morning, the car is at the dealer, and they gave me a loaner. Time will tell if I actually get the new clutch pack, and whether it solves the issue. As with many, it did not shudder much while it was cold, but once the summer temps climbed, it began occurring more frequently, just as it did last summer. The dealer is convinced that it's clutch hop, but I swear it can't be. Clutch hop isn't intermittent, and it isn't limited to only one gear... but what do I know? LOL I think it's a faulty solenoid, actuator, or electronic part that is more susceptible to changes in temperature. We shall see in about a week I guess.

That being said, this dealer has done hundreds of clutch replacements, so I do have a degree of confidence in them. They are a very high volume dealer.

·
Registered
426 Posts
hey vision, mine was doing the same thing, and hope it does not come back. my car has 15k on it and just started the shudder at slow take off. when i had my oil changed i mentioned it to the service manager, he said there were a couple of software updates and there was a 50-50 chance they would work..when i went there it did it at every stop, i have driven it 100miles now, and it is perfect, i used to stop halfway up on my driveway, and when lightly applying the gas it would shudder every time. not any more,,,if any one wants i can take a picture or the invoice,, it states a hole bunch of codes they did, and a adaptive learning, auto run program, go figure

241 - 260 of 927 Posts