Focus Fanatics Forum banner

221 - 240 of 927 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,887 Posts
you should get help from Meagan the ford rep here and try to get revision F (if it applies to your model year)

After 3 years reading posts here, I have yet to see a revision F owner come back and say it failed.
Thanks!

Thanks. I actually gave my service rep a call while the car was still in the shop and asked if they could install the revision F. They're gonna do it! I'll provide an update after I get it back and drive it for a couple of days.

P.S. How long has the revision F clutch been available? He acted like it just came out a few weeks ago?
Glad to hear everything's going swimmingly. If you need me for anything, don't hesitate to reach out. :)

Meagan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
you should get help from Meagan the ford rep here and try to get revision F (if it applies to your model year)

After 3 years reading posts here, I have yet to see a revision F owner come back and say it failed.
My car has Clutch Rev. D installed together with a new seal - as I understand, Rev. F clutch is just clutch Rev. D + seal in one factory package. Firmware was updated with the latest version on July 2013.

If this is true indeed, then the new Rev. F clutch keeps failing on me - it produces grinding noise, it starts shuddering bad when car makes U-turn, engine bogs down on acceleration right after shifting (well, this is firmware related). Overall, uneven shifting at low speed, temperature exacerbated.

DCT transmission has a potential to work properly - it does this about 98% of time, but remaining 2% kills all positive experience with this car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,324 Posts
My car has Clutch Rev. D installed together with a new seal - as I understand, Rev. F clutch is just clutch Rev. D + seal in one factory package. Firmware was updated with the latest version on July 2013.

If this is true indeed, then the new Rev. F clutch keeps failing on me - it produces grinding noise, it starts shuddering bad when car makes U-turn, engine bogs down on acceleration right after shifting (well, this is firmware related). Overall, uneven shifting at low speed, temperature exacerbated.

DCT transmission has a potential to work properly - it does this about 98% of time, but remaining 2% kills all positive experience with this car.
If so, that is sad news indeed.
 

·
Old Phart
Joined
·
44,595 Posts
Mr. C - I do keep seeing cases where something other than just clutches/seals is involved, from clutch linkages to actuators to TCM's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,324 Posts
Mr. C - I do keep seeing cases where something other than just clutches/seals is involved, from clutch linkages to actuators to TCM's.
Its a royal mess for those who are affected.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,887 Posts
My car has Clutch Rev. D installed together with a new seal - as I understand, Rev. F clutch is just clutch Rev. D + seal in one factory package. Firmware was updated with the latest version on July 2013.

If this is true indeed, then the new Rev. F clutch keeps failing on me - it produces grinding noise, it starts shuddering bad when car makes U-turn, engine bogs down on acceleration right after shifting (well, this is firmware related). Overall, uneven shifting at low speed, temperature exacerbated.

DCT transmission has a potential to work properly - it does this about 98% of time, but remaining 2% kills all positive experience with this car.
Have you been back to your dealer recently to have this looked into?

Meagan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,328 Posts
If this is true indeed, then the new Rev. F clutch keeps failing on me - it produces grinding noise, it starts shuddering bad when car makes U-turn, engine bogs down on acceleration right after shifting (well, this is firmware related). Overall, uneven shifting at low speed, temperature exacerbated.
I also had the Rev D clutch replaced and now have a Rev F with the latest firmware update. I still think there's something wrong but there's not much I can do at this point.

I think my clutch problems stem from another issue because I have a cold weather scraping noise above 20mph. The dealer said it's normal because it's not very loud...

My 125k mile warranty will be up in September. I'm sure at that point the dealer will think it has become a problem and will gladly charge me for a new transmission assembly. [dunno]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,389 Posts
... I have a cold weather scraping noise above 20mph. The dealer said it's normal because it's not very loud...

My 125k mile warranty will be up in September. I'm sure at that point the dealer will think it has become a problem and will gladly charge me for a new transmission assembly. [dunno]
If your prediction is accurate (as I would also expect) and well documented, I wonder if you could get them to pay for it through small claims court.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
And another one....
I Purchased my used 2012 focus in Jan of 2014 with aprox 37,000 miles un aware of any transmission problems, When we test drove it seemed ok and were excited about our purchase. After about 6 months of ownership I started to notice the shudder on take off from a complete stop. Soon after we received the letter from Form acknowledging the problem and that were extending the warranty on the transmission. I just recently scheduled and had my appointment with my local ford dealership to see if it needed re-programed or if something was leaking? Turns out my transmission has the leak and that they would have to order the parts in. That was back on April 6th. It is now May 11th and the parts are still on back order. As of last week I called again and was told the parts are at least 2-3 months out? Really why would Ford acknowledge the problem and than not have the parts to readily available to fix them??
I did have a loss of power / acceleration recently where I needed to brake suddenly to avoid hitting the car in front of me that also stopped suddenly, in the middle of a busy intersection of course. When it was clear my car would not move, it took about 30 seconds of me being paranoid stuck there in the middle of the intersection before the car accelerated again. Starting to think this is becoming more of a safety issue??
Just sick and tired of getting the run around and wish Ford would get on their game and fix the problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
Bought my 2013 Titanium Hatch new off the lot back in February of 2013. Had the first DCT repair in September of 2013. Taking my car in tomorrow for yet another DCT repair tomorrow. So two and a half years, and 3 clutch repairs. How is it that an "automatic" transmission goes through more clutch packs than my previous manny tranny? even worse, I've gone through more clutch packs than brake pad replacements on this car!

What's worse is, now every time I schedule a service, the "sales team" calls for the reminder, and asks about the car. I complain about the transmission, and they try to sell me on a new vehicle? NO, I DON'T WANT A NEW CAR. I JUST WANT MINE TO WORK!
 

·
Old Phart
Joined
·
44,595 Posts
I believe Ford extended the warranty on DCT transmission for an additional 100k after your initial warranty expiration.
Not to date, there are a couple of separate warranty extensions on particular parts of the transmission.

8/100 total on clutches/seals/programming for '12- mid'14 cars.

10/150 on TCM for '12-current '15's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
830 Posts
If you decide to head to your dealer to get this looked into, please let me know. I'll check out some options.







Thanks!



Meagan


Hi Meagan, I just sent you a pm. Give me a call when you have time, no rush. I'd like to talk with you regarding my 2013 Focus with 10k miles & it's sputtering issues when I touch the throttle. Thank you!
 

·
Old Phart
Joined
·
44,595 Posts
Pokerrun388 - Meagan isn't a tech., more of a contact person to cut some red tape & get you in touch with the appropriate Ford regional Service Manager to help you & your Dealer get problems taken care of.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
I have had no luck getting a dealership to even look at my car for a 2nd clutch repair.
I setup an appointment with Avis ford and when I went in, they told me that they do not have the parts and go back to the dealership I bought the car from... not happy about this service since I tried taking my car to them for the first repair and they had the same excuse about parts.
I had my first repair done at Fairlane ford and now I am trying to get in and have the shudder repaired again, also my check engine light comes on as well, I did a service check in the center dash tool and it reported that my system was ok, even with a check engine light on.

I am also getting loss of acceleration pedal and the car surging forward in stop and go traffic from just slight pedal movement.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
I had mine done last July, 2nd gear is really bad now. I nee dot get it scheduled again, that or trade it in for a Dart with a regular automatic. Sad Cause I really lie this car, the trans is horrible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
484 Posts
Ford---Megan the Ford rep here all do a great job putting you back to dealer to shut you up/ It's sad there really is not a permanent fix--the extended warranties are very cool but parts & hoops you must go thru gets old............Megan please explain thanks....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,887 Posts
Hi Meagan, I just sent you a pm. Give me a call when you have time, no rush. I'd like to talk with you regarding my 2013 Focus with 10k miles & it's sputtering issues when I touch the throttle. Thank you!
Replied! :)

Pokerrun388 - Meagan isn't a tech., more of a contact person to cut some red tape & get you in touch with the appropriate Ford regional Service Manager to help you & your Dealer get problems taken care of.
Thanks!!!

I have had no luck getting a dealership to even look at my car for a 2nd clutch repair.
I setup an appointment with Avis ford and when I went in, they told me that they do not have the parts and go back to the dealership I bought the car from... not happy about this service since I tried taking my car to them for the first repair and they had the same excuse about parts.
I had my first repair done at Fairlane ford and now I am trying to get in and have the shudder repaired again, also my check engine light comes on as well, I did a service check in the center dash tool and it reported that my system was ok, even with a check engine light on.

I am also getting loss of acceleration pedal and the car surging forward in stop and go traffic from just slight pedal movement.
Hi again,

I've reached out to you a few times to offer my assistance, please let me know if you're interested. I highly recommend reaching out to our Customer Relationship Center (the number's in my signature) regarding the newest concern.

I had mine done last July, 2nd gear is really bad now. I nee dot get it scheduled again, that or trade it in for a Dart with a regular automatic. Sad Cause I really lie this car, the trans is horrible.
Hi DaveIsHere,

Once you have an appointment set up, please let me know, along with your mileage.

Ford---Megan the Ford rep here all do a great job putting you back to dealer to shut you up/ It's sad there really is not a permanent fix--the extended warranties are very cool but parts & hoops you must go thru gets old............Megan please explain thanks....
Hi mjb457,

In order to look into additional assistance, heading to the dealer is the best first step. Every situation is different, and since I'm not a technician, I'm unable to diagnose or suggest repairs. That's where your dealer comes in. :) Some times, I'm unable to assist further; others I can look into additional options, but the dealer is always the best place to start.

Meagan
 
221 - 240 of 927 Posts
Top