Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 ford focus se hatchback, had the tcm and clutch replaced back in may of 2015, tonight my battery died so had to jumpstart my car and then noticed my engine light was on constantly, started driving home from work(15-20 minute drive pretty much all highway) and noticed the transmission didn't want to shift and the engine would rev pretty high, id let off the gas and would be able to gain a little speed. Anytime i let off the gas at all and then reapplied the gas the engine would rev, it was almost like it was before the tcm was replaced but worse. Anyways i was maybe 2 miles from home, had got off the hwy and was at a stoplight for maybe 15 seconds and then went 100 feet and hit another stoplight, after 30 seconds the light turned green and i applied the gas and was headed up a hill and i got the transmission is overheated wait 5 minutes stop safely, then lost all power to move. After 5 minutes i was able to drive again but had the same transmission is overheated but the 2nd time it went away after a minute.

Called the same ford dealership that replaced the clutch and tcm, was told it didnt sound like the tcm was bad and that it was another issue inside the transmission, has anyone else had this issue after getting the clutch and tcm replaced? The car has less then 94k miles on it and i don't abuse it but i always have issues.

This will probably be the last ford i own and now im kicking myself for not trading it in weeks ago when i was thinking about it. Any help would be appreciated before i take it in to ford.

·
Registered
16,056 Posts
The first clutch 'fix' leads to a second, and so on. Ford cannot fix them to stay fixed. One of the reasons why they are quitting making most sedans, to avoid some of the legal liability.

You should have listened to your inner voice like all the thousands of others did. Or didn't.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts