Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, was wondering if anyone has had their SD card slot and USB ports in the center console quit working? Mine went out about a week ago, unhooked the battery to reset with no luck. Took it to the ford dealership today and after 2 hours they told me that evidently something had been wired in and was causing a short or something and it would be at least $200 for them to try and track it down... Wiring has never been messed with on the car and I felt like they were just brushing me off... Said I could go back to the ford dealership is was originally bought at and maybe it was something they did when installing remote start or something... But the remote start works fine... And I'm not gonna drive 3 hours to go to the original dealership to have them give me another runaround... And, I'm 6,000 miles out of warranty.

So anyone else have this problem? And if so what was the cause or fix? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
The dealership really is in the best position to help with this, Foreveristomorrow. Do you have any other dealers in your area that you could get a second opinion from? If you're not sure, you can use this link to find dealers around you:

http://www.ford.com/dealerships/locate/?gnav=header-finddealer

Rebecca

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to Car Audio, SYNC, MFT & Electronics.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts