Focus Fanatics Forum banner

281 - 300 of 2870 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Ok car is still in service but I called the service manager and he read off the list of fixes so far and stated that the ABS was reprogrammed and that will address the knocking/popping noise coming from the front end. If it does or not I don't know yet but will keep you all advised.

Montana

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hello Montana,

It's a pleasure to meet you!

I noticed your location; are you a fellow Ford co-worker? If you are, I'm sure you know the process. I'll be more than happy to escalate your concerns to the Customer Service Manager for your area. Shoot me a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN to begin the process.

Noemi
Hi Noemi,

Thanks for the offer but I tried that avenue once and it was a complete waste of my time and oxygen. All I ever got from the CSM was that everything was normal. Seems Ford has issued several different TSB's and PCM/TCM reprograms for a normal condition since I purchased the car.

Oh in regards to my location I was being sarcastic in that my Focus spends more time at the dealer than it does with me.

Montana

·
Registered
582 Posts
Ok car is still in service but I called the service manager and he read off the list of fixes so far and stated that the ABS was reprogrammed and that will address the knocking/popping noise coming from the front end. If it does or not I don't know yet but will keep you all advised.

Montana
I had that abs program flash. Aka tsb 12b37 and it did not resolve my front end noise. Wish it was that simple.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
I'm sorry, but from everything read and what I've experienced with dealers in the past, they're not trying their hardest or putting their best on this...

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
I'm sorry, but from everything read and what I've experienced with dealers in the past, they're not trying their hardest or putting their best on this...
Assuming that many people are experiencing this problem (and I believe they are), the fix should come directly from Ford.

Otherwise, only a small percentage of people might get lucky and have this problem fully resolved by their local dealer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Brand new member here...

I was recently able to do a 2 day take home test drive on a 2012 Focus Ti.

The car had 62 miles on it when i returned it I was noticing what is being described here. I initially thought it was the front air louvers opening or closing....

But i wanted to chime in that this happened to me during a test drive!

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
My SE and my wifes SEL both have the rattle, but until there's a real fix for it I'll just stand by.....unless we plan the across the nation and then I'm in. [woot]

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Hi Noemi,
Thanks for the offer but I tried that avenue once and it was a complete waste of my time and oxygen...
Oh in regards to my location I was being sarcastic in that my Focus spends more time at the dealer than it does with me...
Hi Montana,

I understand. The helping hand is available in the event you desire to take the escalation route.

BTW - Thanks for the enlightenment about the location. [cool]

Assuming that many people are experiencing this problem (and I believe they are), the fix should come directly from Ford.
Otherwise, only a small percentage of people might get lucky and have this problem fully resolved by their local dealer.
Kabigon,

Ford Motor Company utilizes various mediums to collect concerns raised by our family members. These forums, as well as numerous Customer Relationship Centers, help with the documentation of issues. If we see a trend which needs to be addressed, our engineers will pull and compile the necessary reports in order to guide the dealership personnel.

Brand new member here...
I was recently able to do a 2 day take home test drive on a 2012 Focus Ti.
The car had 62 miles on it when i returned it I was noticing what is being described here. I initially thought it was the front air louvers opening or closing....But i wanted to chime in that this happened to me during a test drive!
Hi rkramer,

Thanks for taking the time to post your comment. [:)]

Don't let this experience drive you away from a great buy! Certain characteristics disappear once a vehicle reaches the break-in period. The car you test drove may still need time to smooth out. Please re-visit the dealership, and cruise around town with another Focus; I would be interested in hearing the results.

My SE and my wifes SEL both have the rattle, but until there's a real fix for it I'll just stand by.....unless we plan the across the nation and then I'm in. [woot]
Hey meattooth,

Visiting the local Ford dealer begins the process of figuring out whether or not a trend is developing. When you do make an appointment with the service department, please send a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN. I’ll contact the Customer Service Manager in your area to begin the escalation process.

Take care!

Noemi

·
The Professor
2,664 Posts
Sent you a PM

Hi Montana,

I understand. The helping hand is available in the event you desire to take the escalation route.

BTW - Thanks for the enlightenment about the location. [cool]

Kabigon,

Ford Motor Company utilizes various mediums to collect concerns raised by our family members. These forums, as well as numerous Customer Relationship Centers, help with the documentation of issues. If we see a trend which needs to be addressed, our engineers will pull and compile the necessary reports in order to guide the dealership personnel.

Hi rkramer,

Thanks for taking the time to post your comment. [:)]

Don't let this experience drive you away from a great buy! Certain characteristics disappear once a vehicle reaches the break-in period. The car you test drove may still need time to smooth out. Please re-visit the dealership, and cruise around town with another Focus; I would be interested in hearing the results.

Hey meattooth,

Visiting the local Ford dealer begins the process of figuring out whether or not a trend is developing. When you do make an appointment with the service department, please send a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN. I’ll contact the Customer Service Manager in your area.

Take care!

Noemi

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
That Noemi, is exactly why hundreds of us Focus owners are upset. That is a disregard for the problem and extremely juvenile. It shows a lack of character from Ford Motor Company and illustrates that they still have yet to accept that the 2012 Focus has a problem.

·
Registered
582 Posts
That Noemi, is exactly why hundreds of us Focus owners are upset. That is a disregard for the problem and extremely juvenile. It shows a lack of character from Ford Motor Company and illustrates that they still have yet to accept that the 2012 Focus has a problem.
Yeah and really surprising Noemi, that as long as you've been with us on this particular issue, knowing many of us can't even get our own dealerships to acknowledge there's a problem would even suggest this issue to someone as a "certain characteristic" that may work itself out after break in. Really?

[facepalm]

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Hey meattooth,

Visiting the local Ford dealer begins the process of figuring out whether or not a trend is developing. When you do make an appointment with the service department, please send a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN. I’ll contact the Customer Service Manager in your area to begin the escalation process.

Take care!

Noemi

I believe there is a trend and it's very well developed. I've read countless tales of cars being in the shop for days even weeks getting the whole front end replaced only to have the rattle return 2 weeks down the road. The fact that the noise goes away when they replace the strut bearings would tell me they are getting warmer.

I worked warranty for a major winch company and we had to recall over 2,000 winches that were failing in the field due to bearings in the planetarys going bad. Engineering had us perform a TSB and replace the bearings at 6 months out. They made us use the SAME bearings and guess what? They failed because we put the same junk china made bearings back in (outside races were made out of junk soft metal and came apart causing catastrophic failures allowing 20,000 pound winches to free spool). After all 2,000+ were recalled and replaced with high grade torrington U.S.A bearings, a little bit higher cost, the winch became one of our most reliable designs.

When there is a real fix (not the same parts it already has in it) I'll start the repair process. I do thank you for the service you provide though. I can't tell you how amazed I am that you, and Ford, monitor this website and help people get in touch with their service providers everyday. Thank you, it really does mean a lot to me.

·
Registered
166 Posts
knowing many of us can't even get our own dealerships to acknowledge there's a problem would even suggest this issue to someone as a "certain characteristic" that may work itself out after break in. Really?

[facepalm]
This issue for me didn't start until recently, I have right about 9300 miles on the vehicle now. The break in line seems very popular with Ford as I heard that same thing on the trans. I also heard it was designed that way in regards to the ventilation issue I have.

I will say this for Ford they don't have any lack of excuses or reasons why they don't want to fix this issues.

Montana

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Noemi, you have a PM. I sent you a Question I have regarding my 2012

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Zillon,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to address your concern, and for keeping me in the loop. I'll await a response from you detailing the results of the visit. [:)]

Noemi
Noemi,

Had more issues with duplication, couldn't find a suitable bump or series of bumps around the dealer that would replicate the noise. Thus, no resolution to the problem.

Regardless, the treatment I received at this dealer (Bill Marsh Ford of Newtown) was leagues beyond what I received at McCafferty. Will be going back there for further service concerns in the Future.

Since I've also lowered my car since I opened my claim, I'll be handling the issue myself from here on out. Mazda strut bearings will be the next try.

Zack

·
Registered
39 Posts
There's absolutely no question that these cars have a clunk/ rattle/squeak/pop in the front when you're going slow over a bumpy surface. It's like something is getting ready to come apart. If you have a passenger in the front with you it's even more noticeable...no problem with reproducing the condition/sounds. I told the service advisor about it when I had my first oil change two days ago (3800 miles), and he said I need to make an appointment to bring it back to have this looked at. Ford really needs to address this issue.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I called to check on the parts my dealer ordered to repair my clunk/rattle. The parts they told me were the struts, bearings and top plates. I just called to see whats up with the parts and they told me that a few parts came in but some are backordered and show a possible Not avail until 6/11. WOW!. I asked him if he thought there might be a chance the parts were being updated and he said that nothing on his side shows anything like that. That usually the system would show that Ford was about to release a new updated part and to not repair vehicles brought in that this part would apply too. So he said when the parts get in he'll call me and we'll just run with what he have for now and if the issue comes back we'll take it back to Ford so they can get the engineers involved.

B.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
So he said when the parts get in he'll call me and we'll just run with what he have for now and if the issue comes back we'll take it back to Ford so they can get the engineers involved.

B.
The dealership I took mine to requested a Ford engineer come down and take a look at my car (the clunks are very substantial) but after talking to my CSM representative, she informed me that Ford had denied the request. This was really discouraging news. I hope the engineers do get involved and soon so we can all start enjoying are vehicles. [:(!]

·
Registered
582 Posts
Since I've also lowered my car since I opened my claim, I'll be handling the issue myself from here on out. Mazda strut bearings will be the next try.

Zack
I have a pretty good feeling you'll have success with this!. Please keep us posted on your progress.

I love my car. Until someone sits next to me as a passenger. Clank. Clunk Clunk. Hey whats the noise dude? Ugh! [facepalm]

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I love my car. Until someone sits next to me as a passenger. Clank. Clunk Clunk. Hey whats the noise dude? Ugh! [facepalm]
I hear that! Although, it's pretty loud even when I'm by myself. So glad I got the Sony sound system. It's pretty good at drowning out the sounds of my clunkbox Ford.

281 - 300 of 2870 Posts