Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2861 - 2870 of 2870 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have a clunk while stopped. Then turning the wheel to the right and left. 2014 with 26k miles. Is this normal? Lol

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello,
Did you find a solution? I have the same problem, a dull clacking when I ride between 10 and 40 km / h on a road in poor condition or bump. The garage looked at the vehicle 1 week, they checked everything, they changed the left shock absorber, the shock absorber stop, the stabilizer bar linkage and also the electric power steering. The noise is always present, it drives me crazy. They do not want to do anything. The vehicle has 28,000km, the noise started at 11,000km

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hello,
Did you find a solution? I have the same problem, a dull clacking when I ride between 10 and 40 km / h on a road in poor condition or bump. The garage looked at the vehicle 1 week, they checked everything, they changed the left shock absorber, the shock absorber stop, the stabilizer bar linkage and also the electric power steering. The noise is always present, it drives me crazy. They do not want to do anything. The vehicle has 28,000km, the noise started at 11,000km
These things break front control arm bushings pretty easily.

·
Registered
9 Posts
These things break front control arm bushings pretty easily.
Hello. The car passed to the annual technical control. All block silent are ok, And the steering heads are ok.

The only piece that makes noise is the axle cvl. It does not move in the direction of rotation, and moves only 5 millimeters in the lateral direction and it makes a "clack clack" noise of metal (in the direction of the wheel towards the gearbox). Would it be the axle cvl that would make noise on bumps while bumping?

thank you.
Thierry

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello, I'm back ... for some time, I suspected the cv axle to make noise, it moved wheel<===>gearbox. I had it replaced. It moves less, and the noise is much less strong on the bumps or paving stones. There is still a noise, but not all the time, but not as strong as before. If it can help someone ... I will post a video of the old piece.

·
Registered
69 Posts
i get the same scraping noise on startup and when driving over rough roads. my strongest suspicions were it was clutch related but now i believe its the motor mounts. i also hear a scraping noise that seems to coincide with the clutch either engaging or upshifting in low gears? Seems like the clutch may be noisy too or is it just a case of a bad motor mount? The rubber seems to be fraying on the passenger side MM.

2861 - 2870 of 2870 Posts