Focus Fanatics Forum banner

181 - 200 of 2870 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Wow really sounds like where gonna have to come up with a fix on our own.

I don't really notice the sound so much when I'm alone in the car on my trip into work in the mornings but when I have a couple co-workers in the car headed to lunch its very noticeable when braking and even more noticeable when braking and turning.

I wonder if we disconnected the front sway bar for a test run if that might be it.

I can tap the brake pedal sometimes and it almost sounds like the same thunk that appears to be coming from the front end. Strange.

Has anyone considered the sound could be something coming from the rear of the car and the sound is being transmitted though the body/frame so it appears to be coming from up front?

Hey if the Strut has a design flaw or any of the parts Ford keeps throwing at this issue do. I don't' expect it would ever fix the problem.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Alright!

Everyone interested in logging your issue, please visit the following link and answer the questions to the best of your knowledge and ability. You shouldn't need a Google account to answer. Please fill out the survey ONCE.

Survey: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHRWZGY2b3pVTEVpT3dTWUpENDlUekE6MQ#gid=0

Survey Results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AryS5DT8rzV-dHRWZGY2b3pVTEVpT3dTWUpENDlUekE

If anyone has any suggestions on things to add, please feel free to suggest. I've covered everything I thought of off the top of my head.

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Filled it out

·
Registered
269 Posts
Clunking relating to the sway bar usually is due to the bar being cracked. Usually. Well, on cars I have actual experience with. I would say clunking is usually a ball joint, hub/bearing assembly, tie rod, or blown strut/mount. In motion over bumps, it's likely a hub/bearing, strut, mount, or ball joint. In turning, it's usually a tie rod, or if it is sway bar related, that's when you'll hear it.

Edit: endlinks will clunk whenever the [:)][:)][:)][:)] they want, because they hate you, as far as I recall.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
...Well, I had my appointment this afternoon...
I described the noises that the car was currently making to them all. We then went for a test drive and both of them admitted that they did hear the noise but that it was a "normal operating characteristic" of this particular model car and is nothing to be concerned with and it does not pose a safety threat...
My SE sport 5 speed just rolled over 1400 miles and I've hearing a squeaky rattle clunk in the front end at low speeds and especially when slowing down to a light or stop sign. ...
My wifes SEL sedan with DCT has about 1600 miles and her's is starting to make the same sound....Here we go [eek]
Hi jpr0204 & meattooth,

It’s a pleasure to meet both of you! [wave]

Let’s have a Customer Service Manager review your concerns. In order to do so, please send a PM with your contact information, dealer name/state, approximate mileage, and VIN to begin the escalation process.

@jpr0204 - My family moved to A-town many moons ago. [:)]

So here's my latest update from this afternoon: My dealer has replaced the following;
1. Strut mount.
2. Strut.
3. CV joint.
4. Right front motor mount.
No dice. Noise is still there...
Hey Focus eh,

I thank you for your patience as the dealer diligently works to address the concern. Another great resource to contact is the Ford of Canada Customer Relationship Center. Give them a call at 1.800.565.3673 for assistance.

...I don't really notice the sound so much when I'm alone in the car on my trip into work in the mornings but when I have a couple co-workers in the car headed to lunch its very noticeable when braking and even more noticeable when braking and turning....
Hi Dysan911,

Have you visited your local Ford dealer to have this addressed? If you haven’t, please make an appointment as soon as you can and send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number. I will get this escalated to the Customer Service Manager for your area.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Noemi

·
Registered
23 Posts
Clunk is gone!

Just got my car back a few hours ago after dropping it off on Monday and the low speed clunk/rattle is gone. Looks like there might be a TSB on this now, according to my paperwork which is scanned below. Hopefully this helps those of you with the same problem.

TSB seems to be 11-11-2

·
Registered
214 Posts
Huh... others have posted that they've had their struts/springs/bearings replaced, but the noise remained.

[scratch]

·
Registered
23 Posts
It is. I just took it out for another drive just to be sure. Yep, it's gone. I was so used to hearing it for the last few months that it almost seems like a different car now.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hello,

I had the same TSB performed but the noise remained. The TSB is fairly old, however only came up in Oasis with certain VINs only.

There is a possibility that some vehicle may have faulty struts but based on what the forums state, there are very few instances where replacing the struts helped.

Thank you.

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
same I had replaced, was quieter for about 2 weeks, now its back. Shouldn't we be getting compensated for this crap?

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Just got my car back a few hours ago after dropping it off on Monday and the low speed clunk/rattle is gone. Looks like there might be a TSB on this now, according to my paperwork which is scanned below. Hopefully this helps those of you with the same problem.

TSB seems to be 11-11-2
TSB 11-11-2 publication date is 11/3/11.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Had same TSB performed as well. Lasted about a week and noise returned. Now it actually happens more frequently it seems. Taking it back next week.

181 - 200 of 2870 Posts