Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've got 47,000 trouble free miles on the car. This problem came out of the blue. Stopped at the mail box and tried to roll down the window and it only went down a couple of inches and then wouldn't roll up. This is the one touch all 4 windows up & down. Pulled it into the garage and noticed the window lock button was blinking every few seconds at a steady rate. The drivers window would only move when the light was on, same with the mirrors. The other 3 windows worked as normal. A quick Google search reveled a possible remedy. Disconnect the battery to reset the switch. This makes sense with this switch. There are only 3 prongs on the connecter. This means there must be some chip/controller that sends the correct signal for the windows and mirrors through just 3 wires. The cars without the one touch for all 4 windows have different connectors. After reconnecting the battery everything worked as normal. Never thought I'd have to reboot my window switch. You do have to reteach the windows by rolling them up and down a few times. Now it's time to set everything back up but that's no biggie.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A correction to the above post. Since I unplugged the switch and it did not reset I must assume that the car has a controller that interprets the signals from the switch and that is what is reset with the battery disconnected.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts