Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey there,

2012 tuxedo black titanium hatch checking in. I have the DCT, which is my biggest gripe with it. Not just that its an abomination, but i miss driving a manual. I have been greatly impressed with the car, I really love it. Of course its missing a few options (remote start, backup cam, sunroof) but I am really into this car.

I have done some small mods, nothing major. I will list them below just for shiggles. I am mainly here to find new projects and ask stupid questions. My schedule is quite busy but I love wrenching on the Focus. I am in MD and would love to meet up, swap parts, or help with projects.

My current mods (these are modest at best, don't laugh, but I am proud, and these are only the most important imo):
-snorkel delete
-green air filter
-lunchbox delete with dc sports stealth tip, hidden a bit
-spoiler risers
-enabled nav (forscan ftw)
-a few small exterior mods
-led interior lights
led exterior lights
-ecoboost tb and new, bigger hose
-center channel removed for now (may try to upgrade)

Immediate future mods (these are parts I just need time to install, again, not exhaustive):
-polyfill in the sub box
-sequential mirror signals
-rmm
-fix the damn horn (ok dont have parts, need to diagnose)
-assorted forscan things
-need to sort out hyperflash and a few other issues
-tint those silly rear bumper reflectors'
-hood struts

Future upgrades???
-upgrade sound system (heard mixed things about just upgrading speakers)
-new heads and tails (big maybe)
-tint

Top of my wishlist (not holding my breath)
-manual swap
-upgrade the guage cluster screen to get digital mph

I understand an upgrade to an ST or RS would give me a manual plus more power, but I am not crazy about the styling of the ST and the RS is a bit out of my price range. Plus I am really attached to my Titanium.

Please excuse all my stupid questions, I am a noob.

UPGRADES EDITED 7/23/20

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey man! Welcome I was mew myself, I am also in MD what part are you in? I posted my mods and pics of my car in the “post your mods thread”
Seems like you have a decent amount of upgrades so far! I as well have recently started nothing big but currently modding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome to the community. I think you will find a whole lot of helpful information on here. I learned how to do the TB upgrade from here as well as ideas for future upgrades for my car. I live in NOVA, Eastern Panhandle of WV area so if you are close I would love to meet a fellow focus owner. I see no issue with starting the mods out small as thats how you become comfortable with the bigger upgrades. Anyways welcome to the community hope you enjoy the vast amount of information hidden inside these forums

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey there! I am in Carroll County, Westminster to be specific. I have done a few upgrades since I posted, mainly the tb, hose, a few small interior mods and LEDs onthe outside. I seem to keep causing myself issues; now I have hyperflash, i get a dipped beam warning (lows still work) and my high beams don't work. Its tough anymore finding guidance on these things with Forscan or Focccus. I have a pile of parts with no time lol. I hope to be able to do some work on her soon. along with figuring out my lighting issues. Also need to work on updating the firmware in gauge cluster; I have the crappy early version without the digital mph and 4 box set up. I have read it is easy but nobody seems to know how lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts