Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 Focus SEL

Hi everyone! I'm a long time lurker but had to post due to a problem I'm having. Long story short, I had a clogged sunroof drainage hole, and water backed up into the car. This has been resolved by clear the hole out, but while investigating the issue, I notice a gap towards the rear/middle of the sunroof, where there is no sealant. When it rains, water just freely enters through that gap and is basically a steady stream of water that flows into the reservoir that then takes the water to the drain holes and out of the car. I'm thinking of temporarily dropping the interior headliner to get to the back of the sunroof so I can patch up that gap.

Do you guys also have this gap this strangely perfect gap on the rear/middle of your sunroof?

Please see the gap below:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Rage321,

Sorry to hear about the water problem but glad to hear the clearing of the tube fixed things up.

Our Focus has no gap in the rubber seal. It looks like it is glued together. Maybe the glued seam came apart on your car? If you're not the first owner then perhaps the previous owner replaced the seal?

Is the roof centered in the opening? It looks like there is quite a gap at the back.

HTH,

Chris

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I would just use a good caulking and fill the hole from the outside. Much easier IMO. Dropping the inside is time consuming.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts