Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my first shot at uploading a photo on here, hope it works

I would def buy this car if Ford would build it would you?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Without Hesitation. Looks 100% better than the 5 door.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
A three door with a shorter wheel base would be dope.

The only way I'd buy a new Focus would be as a three door.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Banned
8,043 Posts
I predict those doors are going to be exceptionally long and you won't be able to park in a spot when someone is parked next to you because then you'll have to exit through the hatch because you can't open the door...[hihi]

PS: just watched the Top Gear last night where Jeremy and James pit their old luxury cars against each other. Jeremy parked in a spot but couldn't get out because the doors on his Mercedes Grosser were too long.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Heck yeah

Top Gear did a review of the ST and we need to make Ford USA deliver these ! I'm sick and tired of the Europeans having all the fun. [8D]

·
Bunneh Fanatic
2,187 Posts
Truthfully I'd much rather see a 3-door Fiesta with a 2.0L EcoBoost engine. I like the 2012 Focus for what it is now—4 doors and all. Specifically the sedan trim... even though 99.9% of the time I prefer hatchbacks over sedans. For this generation specifically the sedan just looks sportier to me.

I really do wish they could somehow make the 2012 Focus into some sexy compact coupe. But the proportions just don't seem right in all the mockups I've seen. Something about the enormous windows, long wheelbase, and curvature (back) of the roofline... I don't exactly know what. The Fiesta just pulls the coupe look off better.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts

Seriously. Ford, give me a three door and I'll buy it.

Fiesta, Focus, either way.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Atleast they sell a 3-door Fiesta overseas, so it would be plausible to offer it the states. The Focus (worldwide) is only available as a sedan, hatchback (5-door), & wagon.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
3 Posts
the three door looks nice but, personally I prefer a 5 door and I really like the look of the 5 door ST so... now it's just a matter of waiting till they open the order book on the ST so I can be first in line. [8D]

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
I prefer the 5 door. If I were to buy my SVT again, it'd be 5 door instead of 3.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I am not biased against 5 doors but the 3 door holds tight to my heart. I have had 2 3doors and my 2nd is doing just fine!

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
But on a sidenote I would lick that car everyday before I drove it because it is like sex on wheels.

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
I can tell you as of right now, it ain't happening. I work at the factory that makes all the windows for the new focis and besides the 5door brite, 5door black, 4door brite and 4door black the only other windows the we have in the works is for a four door focus wagon coming next year sometime. I believe it's gonna be called the Focus Maxx. The ST will run the same 5door black windows as the current 2012. But I myself like the three door as long as it has a full rear side window and not a plastic corner piece.

·
Bunneh Fanatic
2,187 Posts
But I myself like the three door as long as it has a full rear side window and not a plastic corner piece.
This is exactly what bugs me about most 5-door model cars these days. The tiny triangular windows they add in the back are completely useless because of the thick pillars. They could make the design look a lot better (and save money) by simply not having it. Same goes for stupid A-pillar mini windows.

Why is it so hard for manufacturers to use full size windows that properly follow the contour of the roofline and belt line? And why does every manufacturer have this need to put the ugly upward swoop along those tiny back windows? I understand that roof strength is a safety concern, but there are quite a few cars out there that manage to pull it off fine (without blind spots).

1 - 20 of 35 Posts