Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a little digging around...but can't seem to find the numbers I'm looking for. What is the approach angle for the MK3? To be specific, if your loading the car onto a trailer, what is the maximum angel you can use without rubbing the front end of the car on the ramps?

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Not positive, but my 17 degree RhinoRamps work fine - if that helps? That doesn't really take into account the very front of the car, though - just the part in front of the tires.

·
__________/\__
2,183 Posts
Not positive, but my 17 degree RhinoRamps work fine - if that helps? That doesn't really take into account the very front of the car, though - just the part in front of the tires.
The lowest point of the car is at the front where the engine bottom aeroshield sits 4.72 inches off the ground. The front bumper is 7.28 inches off the ground. Keep in mind that tire pressure may change that figure slightly.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It helps some, safe to assume you don't rub the frontend while loading/unloading the car?

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
It helps some, safe to assume you don't rub the frontend while loading/unloading the car?
As long as you ease up/off the ramps. [thumb]

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I just read someone mentioning the front end of their ST being damaged when loaded onto a flatbed tow truck. They said the front was pushed upward 3"

Sorry I do not remember which site. Here, ST Nation, or ST dot org.

In the discussion another member mentioned using boards or ? to 'prelift' the front end of too-low cars so they did not get damaged by the steep angle of attack to the flatbed ramp

1 - 6 of 6 Posts