Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had her for just over a week, snapped this shot at the convenience store.

I just liked the way she looked under the lights.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
looks good, Congrats on the new car and welcome to FF

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Looks nice, but what's up with the wiper arm? Because I hope that's not the stopping point for it LOL

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks nice, but what's up with the wiper arm? Because I hope that's not the stopping point for it LOL
Naw, I had just washed the window while driving or something, it goes all the way down. Only noticed that at a later time.

·
Generic Catchphrase
2,344 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Agree! Get some wheels on that focus, ASAP!!!
Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of having the SFE with aerodynamic wheel covers?

How much does an open wheel contribute to drag?

At any rate I am thinking I'll be putting snow tires on this in a month or two.

Then in the spring putting the original tires on some new wheels until those wear out and need replacement, or outright replace them with other LRR tires.

I have been looking around, and haven't found any decent wheels that look to really aerodynamic.

If I want to ignore any improvements in MPG from the SFE, I might as well have gotten a Hatch, and I didn't so...

Keep in mind I drive 90% highway on a 60 mile commute each way to work. I have had her for 11 days now, and at about 1250 miles.

·
Generic Catchphrase
2,344 Posts
What you might do then, is weigh one of your wheels, and see if you can find some that are significantly lighter. I can't imagine an open design would be THAT much different aerodynamically, and the weight savings would for sure help with the mpg.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What you might do then, is weigh one of your wheels, and see if you can find some that are significantly lighter. I can't imagine an open design would be THAT much different aerodynamically, and the weight savings would for sure help with the mpg.
That is a good idea, I hadn't considered that.

Weight on an aluminum alloy would probably be less than steel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts