Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

So I am picking up my 2012 black SEL later today and just popped in the vin into the window sticker reader and see that it says rear drum brakes on the window sticker??

According to the website it states that 4 wheel disc brakes are standard on the SEL

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=1FAHP3M28CL143900

I am confused and want to ask the rest of you with similarly configured SELs in Canada if the same is written on your window stickers. I will definitely ask when I go to pick up the car. Any help would be much appreciated!

·
Strichmädchen & Koks
3,112 Posts
OK...so the sticker says it has rear discs...and it does...what am I missing?

Are you being charged for them or something?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It says on the sticker under FUNCTIONAL

BRAKES PWR FT DISC/RR DRUM,

not 4 WHEEL DISC

unless I am misreading something

·
Registered
217 Posts
From what I know is that this is a common error on Canadian price charts. I have a 2012 SE with the sport apperance package and it said the same thing on my window sticker. It did come with 4 wheel disc. I also asked here post 28+29 http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264223&page=3 and got the same answer I'm giving you.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My bad Joeywhat, meant to write drum and not disc in the first message.

Thanks for clearing that up eyeballeater. Odd that they havent caught and fixed that error by now.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Ford charges $1450 to "transport" one of many Foci from Michigan to Toronto?? What's up with that? What happened to NAFTA?? AND what is different about that Focus that it can't be sold in the USofA?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Ford charges $1450 to "transport" one of many Foci from Michigan to Toronto?? What's up with that? What happened to NAFTA?? AND what is different about that Focus that it can't be sold in the USofA?
I remember someone addressed this before. It because that is the all in price. In the US, you have freight, then PDI, then something else. Sure we still pay more for it to get here, but it isn't as bad as you initially think.

As for the difference, it is mainly the speedometer. Sure, we also have to have daytime running lights, but it wouldn't be a problem if you had them there.

The reason the sticker says not for sale in the US, is just to keep cars in each country (US cars in US, Canada cars in Canada). Mainly this is to screw us Canadians from hoping the border and buying the cars for $2000+ less.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts