Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I just had a quick question.
I found some leather seats and a local auto salvage yard for $125 each.
They're from a 2012. I was wonder if there were any seat revisions between 2012 and an August 2013 build date.
The leather seats I believe are manual and my car is an SE with manual seats.
Anyone see any problems with this?

·
Registered
343 Posts
I do not know much about seat swaps on this car. I know for some model year cobalts people had trouble with air bag sensors / connectors when using seats from different model years. Hopefully someone else can chime in with good info :)

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I partially found my answer.

While looking on car-part I saw the had through 9/2013 and from 9/2013.
I'm thinking they changed something there, but I don't know what.

I also then looked at my build date and it was 10-8-2013. Not an August build.

I did however find some nice local black leather seats built after 9/2013 for about $80 ea so I'll probably go that route.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
www.car-part.com

Love that site. Most auto salvage yards will also use the same search engines on their web pages. Most of the seats I've found are fairly cheap.

The leather seats I want only have 2000 miles. I'd definitely check them out in person though. You never know what might have happened to them.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hello everyone,
I just had a quick question.
I found some leather seats and a local auto salvage yard for $125 each.
They're from a 2012. I was wonder if there were any seat revisions between 2012 and an August 2013 build date.
The leather seats I believe are manual and my car is an SE with manual seats.
Anyone see any problems with this?
The leather seats that I have in my Titanium have 6 way power on driver side, manual on passenger so you might want to check that out also. You could check to see what an SE comes with the leather option. I do believe that the '12s will fit the '14s...IMO! Also do research to see what changes were made from 2012 to 2014....good luck.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is an option for power or manual leather seats. The seats in looking at are manual leather so that part shouldn't be an issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts