Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Forum! First post. I've searched and I cannot find the info if it is here:
I'm about to place an order for an SE Hatch with sport package and am contemplating the winter package as well. I like the turn signal in the mirrors, but really like and want the heated seats, especially with cloth. My question is this:
Since the Manual Transmission cars without MFT have a different cup holder/center console area, where do the heated seat switches go? Does anyone here have this who can post pictures?
Thanks for your help and I look forward to joining your ranks soon!

Order specs as it stands:
2012 SE Hatch
Ingot Silver
Manual Transmission
Sport Package
203A
considering:
Winter package
sunroof

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is one of my issues with the 2012 Focus, the switches for the heated seats on my manual SE are aft of the cup holders, right under the leading edge of the arm rest, either side of the 12v adapter. You cannot see them when in a normal driving position and have to turn them on and off by feel. Having said that, the heated seats (cloth) are great. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I think having them on the console is great. My PT Cruiser has a high/low rocker switch on the side of the seat and it is easily bumped getting into the car. I have never found a need to use them and hate it when i accidentally turn them on.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is one of my issues with the 2012 Focus, the switches for the heated seats on my manual SE are aft of the cup holders, right under the leading edge of the arm rest, either side of the 12v adapter. You cannot see them when in a normal driving position and have to turn them on and off by feel. Having said that, the heated seats (cloth) are great. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the info. Interesting location decision. I wonder why Ford didn't use the same center console on all the trims.

·
Banned
166 Posts
I got a stupid question: Why does the winter package doesn't include the engine block heater??Seriously ,this doesn't make any sense.

·
Deutsche Arsche
2,549 Posts
Winter package also includes a headed windshield options as well in Europe.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got a stupid question: Why does the winter package doesn't include the engine block heater??Seriously ,this doesn't make any sense.
Mine was supposed to come with a block heater here in Wisconsin, the invoice shows it but I have not looked for it. Maybe I should. Will let you know

1 - 8 of 8 Posts