Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Have a 2012 SE with SYNC (but not MyTouch) that has developed an unique problem.

About a month or so ago, in response to rejections when trying to upload apps, I upgraded the OS on my phone (iPhone 5C) to the latest version. Since then, SYNC will not consistently recognize my phone's contact list. Deleted and then re-paired the phone, everything worked fine for a few days, then suddenly SYNC acts like the contact list isn't there. Did a master reset, then re-paired the phone again, and the same thing. OK for three or four days, and then no contact list.

All other phone functions seem to work fine - when I dial the phone manually, I hear and talk through the SYNC system. The other voice commands for my mp3 player work OK as well.

Any thoughts about what the underlying issue might be here - I hate to think I might have to replace the entire unit.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Hi all. Have a 2012 SE with SYNC (but not MyTouch) that has developed an unique problem.

About a month or so ago, in response to rejections when trying to upload apps, I upgraded the OS on my phone (iPhone 5C) to the latest version. Since then, SYNC will not consistently recognize my phone's contact list. Deleted and then re-paired the phone, everything worked fine for a few days, then suddenly SYNC acts like the contact list isn't there. Did a master reset, then re-paired the phone again, and the same thing. OK for three or four days, and then no contact list.

All other phone functions seem to work fine - when I dial the phone manually, I hear and talk through the SYNC system. The other voice commands for my mp3 player work OK as well.

Any thoughts about what the underlying issue might be here - I hate to think I might have to replace the entire unit.
If the system was functioning "properly" before updating your iPhone 5C....but not after updating your iPhone 5C.... The problem is your iPhone 5C.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. Pulled the fuse and reinserted it, which fixed the problem for about a month. Was pondering the next step to take when my phone started losing icons. I went in and reset the menu to bring my lost icons back. For whatever reason, that also solved the "SYNC suddenly doesn't recognize my address book" problem, as my phone has worked perfectly with SYNC without having to re-pair it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts