Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First post, used this website for a while now... Anyways, driving home today and my high engine temp light came on. Pulled over and noticed the hose on the bottom of the thermostat hosing popped clean off, no damage to the hose, just popped off. It’s now fixed (fingers crossed) but I’m curious to know if there’s any particular reason why this would happen, and I’m not sure exactly what that hose leads to in the coolant system. I replaced the thermostat housing in January when I broke the old one while prying off the old transmission. Today is also the first day of the year here in Ohio that was 75°+ outside. It looks like the clamp may have on a 1/2 inch too low, so that may have been the issue, just not sure if there could be an underlying problem that would cause that hose to pop clear off the housing. Attached pictures to TRY to illustrate the issue in case I explained something wrong.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the direction. Wasn’t sure if I was being paranoid thinking something else could be wrong. Last time I went with my worst fear instead of asking someone more knowledgeable than myself I replaced my whole transmission rather than just the shift tower roll pin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts