Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've owned this vehicle for two months. The issue with the door locks has progressed over time.

Week 1 thru 3 of ownership: no issues.

Week 3 thru 8 of ownership: key fob did not always lock the doors. It sometimes took 7 or 8 tries to get the doors to lock.

Week 9, Day one: Key fob still working intermittently, but once locked second press of lock button causes horn to beep twice rather than once.

Week 9 Day 2: Same problems as above and also, anytime the locks are engaged, whether from fob, button on dash, or hitting 4mph when driving, the horn beeps twice.

Week 9 Day 3 (today): Same problems as above but now anytime the lock button on the fob is pressed it beeps once, pauses, and beeps twice. Still beeps twice when engaging locks in other ways. The little amber light on the dash button is no longer lit.

We have confirmed that all doors, hood, trunk are all closed, so this isn't the open door warning. (The cute little picture on the display screen shows all doors closed as well.)

I'm guessing we'll have to take this back to the dealer, but for now, if anyone has a suggestion or advice I would appreciate it. It's going to be a while before we can get it in for repairs and our cranky old neighbor is getting crankier from all the horn beeps when my son gets home from shift work at midnight.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I thought I should give an update, just in case someone else ever had this or a similar problem.

We just got the vehicle back from the dealer and are waiting on a parts order before it can be repaired.

The part? The interface module!! This module has the main door lock button on it, but also includes the touch screen and the audio controls. I'm thanking my lucky stars that this went bad while under warranty. I would hate to find out how much this would cost if I had to pay for it myself. [:0]

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I thought I should give an update, just in case someone else ever had this or a similar problem.

We just got the vehicle back from the dealer and are waiting on a parts order before it can be repaired.

The part? The interface module!! This module has the main door lock button on it, but also includes the touch screen and the audio controls. I'm thanking my lucky stars that this went bad while under warranty. I would hate to find out how much this would cost if I had to pay for it myself. [:0]
Hi HouseMouse, <<cute!

Thanks for the update. I'm glad the dealer is able to resolve your issue, for both you and your neighbor's peace and quiet! Please let me know if you need any additional help with anything!

~Natasha

·
Registered
32 Posts
Need to revive this thread, I am having a similar issue with the door locks. horn beeps twice. mine seems to be limited to one door (driver rear)that does not work, locks and windows.
Dealer seems to think it was a bad connection on the door connector. I'v cleaned the connectors and i don't think that is it.
Customer Service have any ideas?

·
Registered
32 Posts
yes a 2012, tore into it last night, one of the wire to the door control unit was broken by the connector. very small gauge wire, not a good design.

·
Registered
360 Posts
The guage isn't the issue the issue is bad strain relief. If it happens again you can slide some heat shrink tube over that section and shrink it on that will help.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
yes a 2012, tore into it last night, one of the wire to the door control unit was broken by the connector. very small gauge wire, not a good design.
Hi Winona Brad,

I wanted to touch base with you and see how things are going with your Focus. Were either you or your dealer able to repair/replace the wire? If you need my assistance, just send me a PM with your info (VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, full name) and I'll get started from there.

Crystal

·
Registered
3 Posts
My driver side BOTH doors now don't want to lock

They are basically open. I heard so many version on what may be wrong....pawn springs, door control unit, wiring.

Anyone really knows? Has anyone had this problem and was it resolved?

·
Registered
17,159 Posts
Panic, panic, panic. Of course people have fixed them. I myself have done the earlier ones for pennies to last for years but most can't go there as they simply freak out over the issue from the hearsay. Several different things to go wrong there but if you are not going to delve in them yourself the dealer is for you. No 'one answer only' to the problem. Ooops, I'm wrong...........big money can fix anything, at least until they find out it can't.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try this, I have done it on my focus and it worked.
... (Beeping and lock problem on 2012 ford focus hatchback)...

Take the horn fuse off

Disconnect the battery for couples minutes or (couple hours) if don't work...

Connect it back on

Start the car

Put the horn fuse back on

....it should work now....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts